Teacher of History
This job expired on 9 June 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Main Scale - Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you an inspirational and enthusiastic History Teacher? Do you have the teaching skills and personality required to motivate and energize pupils? Are you passionate about the History Curriculum and helping pupils to achieve their full potential?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly organised and well-qualified History teacher to join our friendly and supportive Humanities Faculty and History Department. It is a very exciting time to join the team because we are developing a knowledge-rich curriculum and developing a new approach to assessment.
The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring pupils through their passion for the subject and have an excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a desire to make a difference to student achievement. Due to Washwood Heath Academy being an All through Academy, there is potential to teach pupils in Key Stage 3 and 4 and work with colleagues in the Primary phase to develop a better understanding of how pupils develop historical skills in Key Stage 1 and 2.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established History team and contribute to a faculty that seeks to provide a first-class education for all of its learners. In order for all pupils to achieve academic excellence, we deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum where teachers are the experts and their role it is to convey their knowledge and expertise to pupils. We believe that all pupils are entitled to learn about ‘The best, which has been thought and said’ (Matthew Arnold).
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability.
- A supportive and forward-thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
- A supportive and forward-thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees.
- A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children.
- Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn.
- A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing.
- Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
- Onsite parking.
- A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
This post is suitable for an ECT or an experienced teacher who is looking for a new challenge.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Sukhjit Atwal, Head of Humanities Faculty at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details about the role
N.B. CVs will not be accepted.
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Washwood Heath Academy as a History Teacher
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Washwood Heath Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1709 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Washwood Heath Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 675 7272
Arranging a visit to Washwood Heath Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands