Teacher of History
To commence from Easter or September 2020, we are seeking to recruit a creative teacher of History with the skills, expertise and passion to enthuse our young people to achieve across KS3 and KS4.
The ideal candidate will:
• have a natural passion and enthusiasm for their subject
• encourage, motivate and inspire young people
• be able to work well collaboratively in terms of planning, preparation and assessment
• be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Whitcliffe Mount
Essential educational requirements
Degree in History or related subject
QTS as a History teacher
Essential skills and experience
Recent, relevant teaching (or teaching practice) of KS3 & 4 History in a comprehensive school.
Up to date knowledge of the curriculum in History at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Familiarity with ICT and confidence in using ICT as a teaching tool.
Classroom management skills.
Data analysis skills.
Outstanding literacy skills.
Ability to evaluate and improve the teaching practice of self and others.
About Whitcliffe Mount School
- Turnsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3AQ
- LA Maintained School
- Whitcliffe Mount School website (opens in a new window)