Teacher of Humanities - 0.6 FTE (Maternity Cover)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding and highly motivated Teacher of Humanities (Geography Specialist) to join the Academy from January 2020 (or sooner if available).
The post-holder will be timetabled to work Wednesday to Friday this academic year (2019/20).
This contract is temporary to cover the maternity leave of the substantive post-holder until December 2020 or the post-holders return if earlier.
The postholder will work at Winterbourne Academy and will benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Olympus Academy Trust (OAT) is a partnership of schools, currently comprising nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality lessons, motivate, challenge and inspire our students. They will be committed to closing gaps and raising attainment across all abilities, whatever the starting point. They will have good subject knowledge and the ability to teach Geography to KS5, and be able to teach other subjects within the humanities faculty. They should have a strong sense of team work and willingness to contribute and a desire to improve their own and the faculty’s practice.
The postholder will be aligned to our CRISP values of courtesy, resilience, integrity, self-reflection and purpose. We believe that by teaching, modelling and expecting these values explicitly they will become the cornerstone of the Academy’s vision and allow students to flourish.
We are looking for someone who will form positive relationships with students and their parents/carers, to support them and gain their trust.
Both newly qualified teachers and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing Date: Sunday, 17th November 2019
Interview Date: TBC
The Academy reserves the right to commence the interview process at any time prior to the closing date so early application is recommended.
Essential educational requirements
• Good Hons. Degree
• PGCE/teaching qualification
• Relevant Post Graduate studies
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent secondary experience in UK
• Teaching experience with the age range and/or subject(s) applying for
• Understanding of Exam Board specifications
• Excellent classroom practitioner
• Good discipline/classroom management
• Good ICT skills
• Ability to self-evaluate to inform improved outcomes
• Ability and desire to make a significant contribution to the Academy as a whole
• Aptitude to embrace good practice in other areas
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Employee benefits such as Teachers Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
About Winterbourne Academy
- High Street, Bristol, BS36 1JL