Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- MPS/UPR £25,714 - £41,604
- 0.6 FTE - £15,428 - £24,962
Teacher of Humanities and Ethics & Philosophy job summary
The Roseland Academy is an Ofsted Outstanding and consistently high-performing Academy where we nurture, challenge and inspire every child to reach their potential.
Our ethos is that students achieve their best when they enjoy their learning. We believe every student has a talent and it is our duty to guide and support each individual on their journey towards greatness.
Exceptional examination outcomes, self-confidence and outstanding life experiences are gained through our school life and enrichment opportunities and are the hallmarks of a Roseland Academy education.
The school is situated on the beautiful Roseland Peninsula on the south coast of Cornwall. The area offers an outstanding quality of life, with beautiful beaches, countryside and the historic city of Truro all within easy reach.
The Roseland Academy is part of The Roseland Multi-Academy Trust which consists of two further secondary schools and two primary schools. The Trust’s vision is “Where Everyone Succeeds” and we put our staff at the heart of everything we do to create a team spirit in our highly successful schools. Continuous Professional Development is prioritised supported by a variety of initiatives that develop our teachers to be truly outstanding practitioners.
History, Geography and Ethics and Philosophy are currently taught as part of the highly successful Humanities curriculum across Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four.
Are you an outstanding practitioner and are you able to challenge the most-able students and support less confident learners to make learning inclusive and accessible to all?
We are looking for an ambitious History, Geography and Ethics and Philosophy teacher who is innovative, creative, and ready to join a highly successful and well-established department. We are very proud of our Humanities department and their inclusive approaches that raise the aspirations and ambitions of young people. This unique opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play a wide-ranging and integral role in this highly successful department at The Roseland Academy and across the Multi-Academy Trust.
The Roseland Multi Academy Trust is looking for its teachers to:
● be outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues;
● be creative in delivering a rigorous academic curriculum;
● believe that every child can and will succeed regardless of their starting point;
● be flexible, collaborative and resilient;
● be committed to high standards of achievement, behaviour and attendance;
● have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
● be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school and Trust;
● contribute to the whole life of the school through extra-curricular activities;
● have the highest ambitions for your students, the school, Trust and yourself.
In return we will offer you:
● a unique opportunity to be a key member of staff in a forward-looking, successful school on a rural site on the beautiful Roseland Peninsula in Cornwall;
● a happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards of staff and students;
● access to high quality Continuous Professional Development within the Multi Academy Trust and offered through the Roseland Academy’s Teaching School Hub, OneCornwall, network.
● competitive salaries, based on skills and experience.
If the challenges of working in a highly successful school appeals to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Roseland Academy with any questions via email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 23 May 2022
Interviews to take place: Wednesday 25 May 2022
Applying for the job
All applications need to be submitted via The Roseland Multi Academy Trust's application form.Download an application form - 182 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.