Orchard School serves a richly diverse community in North Bristol. Our students are wonderful – they value their teachers, knowing that you can make a real difference to their lives. The mission statement of the school, “inspire today, empower for life”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. As a school we are building our success on our core values, being Open-minded, Respectful, Creative & Curious, Healthy, Ambitious, Responsible and Determined. We place no limits on our aspirations for our students.
We are a friendly school, with a warm and welcoming staff body. We work together, we look after our staff wellbeing, and plan for sustainable, impactful development. Every member of staff is entitled to a coach and we develop all staff through regular, incremental coaching. Our most recent Ofsted report demonstrates we are a seriously good school, committed to becoming the outstanding school our community deserves.
We constantly strive to provide exceptional education through evidence-informed practice. We take the continuing professional development of staff very seriously, offering excellent CPLD. We are the Chartered College of Teaching Hub for Bristol, and fund membership of the Chartered College for all our teaching staff so they can engage with research and contribute positively to CPLD within the school, across our multi academy trust, and beyond.
- able to teach with impact and inspire curiosity in young people
- passionate about your specialism, with strong curriculum knowledge
- able to motivate and enthuse students in lessons
- knowledgeable of the specific skills required to raise achievement at GCSE level
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- committed to extra-curricular opportunities
- keen to learn, share best practice and contribute positively to a committed and enthusiastic Humanities Faculty
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve, who value the staff who work with them
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development
- the opportunity to support the team to establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award-winning staff wellbeing
Please read our Staff Prospectus to find out more about us, and visit our website.
The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Safeguarding StatementTrust in Learning (Academies) is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance. Our policy and practice is in line with the Department for Education’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ most recent Guidance. We ensure that all appropriate measures are applied in relation to everyone who works for the Trust who is likely to be perceived by the children as a safe and trustworthy adult. Safer recruitment practice includes scrutinising applicants, online checks, verifying identity and academic or vocational qualifications, obtaining professional and character references, checking previous employment history and ensuring that a candidate has the health and physical capacity for the job.
Trust in Learning (Academies) is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance. Our policy and practice is in line with the Department for Education’s ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ Guidance.
This job post has expired.