Teacher of Humanities
We are looking for an inspirational, enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual to work within the Humanities Faculty, primarily teaching Philosophy and/or Sociology. The successful candidates will be suitably qualified and have strong subject knowledge, a passion for the subject and you will also have effective teaching skills. You will be expected to teach across the full age range and across all key stages
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Highly effective teaching skills.
• The ability to raise student achievement and enhance student potential.
• The ability to lead and support new initiatives.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
We can offer you:
• A positive and successful learning environment.
• Support of a Professional Assistant to assist with subject administration.
• A laptop/surface to support teaching and learning.
• Excellent staff benefits, including flu jab, EAP scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Opportunities for professional learning both within and beyond the School day, including a subsidised MA Programme
• A welcoming and dedicated team of trained staff who are committed to achieving the highest standards for the students.
About Denbigh School
Are you an inspirational, enthusiastic and committed teacher who is looking for the next exciting step in your career? The Denbigh Alliance is a growing and successful MAT and you will teach across the age, key stage and ability ranges. You must have a passion for teaching and have strong subject knowledge. Denbigh can offer you: • The opportunity to be part of a welcoming, dynamic and dedicated community. • Staff development and well-being is important to us and we offer excellent staff benefits, including pension schemes, an Employee Assistance Programme, social events, staff breakfast, annual flu jabs and discounted gym membership. • The opportunity to join a growing and successful MAT which has recently been awarded a new school on the western expansion area in Milton Keynes. • The knowledge that you are making a difference to students lives. • Opportunities for exciting career development, including a subsidised MA Programme A bit about us: The Denbigh Alliance has a track record of delivering academic success in subjects which offers students a real currency to progress into higher education or employment. We consistently outperform the Milton Keynes and national averages in terms of the results our students achieve. This academic success is built on the supportive, well-disciplined and dynamic learning environment we provide, which enables our students to focus on their studies. We believe that for a School to succeed there needs to be a genuine spirit of partnership between students, the School and parents. We are a Teaching School, Maths Hub, Computing Hub and SCITT and amongst the best in the country in terms of raising standards, both within our Trust and in the schools that we support.
- Burchard Crescent, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK5 6EX
- Denbigh School website (opens in a new window)