Teacher of Humanities
This job expired on 6 June 2023 – see similar jobs
6 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000.00 to £43,685.00
Teacher of Humanities job summary
We are seeking to appoint a teacher to join our Humanities team at Erdington Academy. Applicants will join a well-led and motivated team committed to continuous improvement.
Erdington Academy is a vibrant and diverse comprehensive school. We are seeking outstanding teachers and leaders with high expectations to join our team dedicated to pursuing excellence for every child. We are an ambitious academy and value enthusiastic and hardworking staff. It is a very exciting time to join us.
Our students are benefiting from a first-class programme which promotes depth of understanding. A new rich and innovative syllabus is underpinned by excellent teaching and weekly professional development for our staff.
The successful candidate will:
• Set high expectations which motivate and challenge student in a productive learning environment;
• Promote good outcomes by students, planning well-structured lessons;
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge;
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students;
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment;
• Fulfil wider professional responsibilities with high standards of personal and professional conduct.
In return we will offer you;
· The opportunity to shape the improvement journey of the academy
· Bespoke Continual Professional Development (in the academy and online via the National College)
· Perkbox example benefits;
· discounts at nationwide retailers
· gym discount
· cinema discounts
· employee assistance programme
· Up to 4 structured counselling sessions per year
· A MAT wide focus on staff well-being.
This is an exciting time in the life of Erdington Academy. From September 2016 we officially became an academy within the Fairfax Multi Academy Trust, which includes four secondary schools. This further enables the academy to share and develop practice as part of a wider group of academies and partners.
Erdington Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications.
Suitable for ECT’s.
To apply, please complete the online application form.
To arrange a visit, please contact Mr Mallett (Principal) or email Ms McNab (PA to the Principal) on email@example.com
About Erdington Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 985 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Erdington Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
King Edward VI Aston School
Frederick Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B6 6DJ
Teacher of Design & Technology
Meadow Park School
Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
Teacher of Spanish with French 0.6fte maternity cover
Kenilworth School and Sixth Form
Leyes Lane, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2DA
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
Shenley Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B29 4HE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands