• A high level of competence in teaching Humanities.
• Ability to develop new and imaginative units of work.
• Excellent subject knowledge.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Experience of running extra-curricular activities and trips.
- Degree in area relevant to subject teaching or evidence of relevant level of subject knowledge.
- QTS for secondary education.
- PGCE / teaching qualification for secondary education.
- English and Mathematics at G.C.S.E. / ’O’ Level or equivalent and/or sound Literacy and Numeracy
skills (ITT accreditation test level).
- Successful secondary teaching practice / record.
- Creative, engaging lesson planning.
- Experience of, and able to, produce and implement plans and policies
- Experience as a personal tutor / form tutor.
considered for the right candidate
Birches Head Academy is a
part of the Frank Field Education Trust and we work collaboratively with others
in our FFET family, allowing our students and staff many opportunities to
develop. This is embodied in the FFET vision: ‘Social Justice through Excellence
in Education’ and in the Academy motto: ‘Aspire to be More’.
Birches Head Academy is
looking to appoint a suitably qualified and highly committed Teacher of
Humanities, on a fixed term Maternity cover contract, to join this successful
and well-resourced department and play a vital role in helping us to ensure our
students receive a world-class education, thereby enabling each child to reach
their full potential. A TLR may be considered for the right candidate.
The successful candidate
should be an outstanding practitioner, experienced in teaching both Key Stage 3
and Key Stage 4. You should have a proven track record of successful outcomes
and delivering on your plans. An innovative teacher, you should teach with
enthusiasm and vision, and be passionate about your subject, and teaching and
learning research and practice.
Applications from both
experienced teachers and ECTs (formerly NQTs) are warmly invited.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th
September 2023, 9.30am
Interviews to take place Thursday 28th
For further information,
including the recruitment pack and application form, please visit our website
Completed application forms
should be emailed email@example.com
Birches Head Academy
requires an application form to be completed in order to be considered for this
role. Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Birches Head Academy is
committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people. Applicants will, therefore, be subject to stringent vetting and
induction processes, including an enhanced DBS disclosure. References will be
requested prior to interview.
This job post has expired.