Teacher of Humanities + Pastoral Role available (Director of Learning)
Larkmead School, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Sociology, History, Geography|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Contract: Permanent Full-time + Pastoral Role available (Director of Learning)
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Responsible to: Head of Humanities
With effect from September 2020, we are looking for an inspirational and highly skilled teacher to join our Humanities Department to teach Sociology, History and/or Geography in Key Stages 3, 4 & 5. The successful candidate will be a well-qualified, motivated and innovative teacher who will be committed to raising achievement and motivation of students. You will be working in a department with a strong identity, experienced staff, excellent resources and one that is popular at GCSE and A-Level. This post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher.
In addition, we are advertising for a Director of Learning and this post may suit applicants who could teach Humanities. If you are a teacher of Humanities interested in a senior middle leadership role and wish to be considered for the Director of Leaning vacancy, please state this on your application. By the same token if you are excited about the Humanities post but not interested in the Director of Learning post, we are also very interested in you. Further details of the main scale Humanities Teacher and Director of Learning vacancies can be found on our website.
As the successful candidate you will be:
• able to plan, prepare and deliver effective lessons
• be an enthusiastic and innovative Humanities Teacher
• confident teaching across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment;
• committed to making a difference to young people’s lives;
• a team player with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• an excellent programme of induction and training which seeks to provide an excellent foundation for career progression;
• a forward thinking environment which recognises the benefits of considering flexible working patterns.
• a friendly, caring, supportive and collaborative team environment.
• a professional environment dedicated to Teaching and Learning with a supportive, dedicated and hardworking staff.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 20th April 2020 Interview date: Week commencing 27th April 2020
Start date: September 2020
If you would like to apply for this position, please download the Vale Academy Trust Teaching Staff Application Form from our website http://www.larkmead-school.com/vacancies/
Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by the closing date of 9.00am Monday 20th April 2020.
Larkmead School is a member of the Vale Academy Trust. The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff will be expected to promote fundamental British values.
|School size||764 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Larkmead School website (opens in a new window)|
Faringdon Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1RF