||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Teachers will be responsible for the academic outcomes of the students they teach. High quality teaching and high expectations are at the heart of Brooke Weston and all teachers will be expected to develop exemplary practice which supports the ethos, values and vision and contributes to the overall life and work of the Academy. Teachers will also be expected to promote and develop social, moral and physical aptitudes in their students and to provide advice and guidance where necessary.
Learning and Teaching Role
• Plan and prepare schemes of work and develop supporting resources.
• Provide relevant and purposeful learning opportunities which are differentiated for students of all abilities.
• Ensure that lessons and resources are well planned and delivered in accordance with relevant Trust policies e.g. teaching and learning, curriculum and assessment.
• Arrange and promote relevant subject activities which will enhance the learning and motivation of students.
Assessment and Reporting
• Utilise a range of formative and summative assessment techniques to monitor student progress.
• Mark students work regularly providing clear targets for improvement.
• Participate in preparing students for public examinations including the accurate assessment of students and the recording and reporting of such assessments.
• Provide a termly report on the progress and attainment of students in your classes.
Monitoring and Review
• Contribute to the review and development of the curriculum including the development of programmes of study, teaching materials and the refinement of teaching methods.
• Participate in the annual Academy review.
• Participate in the review, development and management of activities relating to the curriculum, organisation and student care arrangements in the Academy.
• Communicate and consult with parents of students in relation to their academic progress and any behavioural concerns.
• Attend parents’ consultation meetings for the classes for which you have responsibility.
• Co-operate with other members of staff in the department and Academy.
Student Care Role
• Promote and develop positive relationships with students
• Undertake the role of tutor monitoring and supporting the development of the students in your tutor group.
• Take responsibility for the overall academic performance of students in the tutor group against Academy targets.
• Draft an annual tutor report.
Management and Administration
• Participate in administrative and organisational tasks as required by the role.
• Attendance at assemblies and tutor time.
Training and Development
Teachers will be supported in their individual professional development through the performance management process and by attendance at whole Academy training days.
Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Principal.
Applying for the job
Please complete the attached Brooke Weston Trust Application form with a supporting letter
About Thomas Clarkson Academy
Thomas Clarkson Academy serves the needs of our 1,300 students, their families and the local community as an increasingly successful, vibrant, welcoming and inclusive, non-selective 11-18 academy. Our motto is ‘Transform, Challenge, Ambition’ and we aim to provide our students with the best opportunities to achieve the academic qualifications and skills to progress to university or the career of their choice. We want our students to realise their potential.
Arranging a visit to Thomas Clarkson Academy
01945 468 411 or email HR@thomasclarksonacademy.org
Corporation Road, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, PE13 2SE