Teacher of Humanities
This job expired on 9 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Humanitiesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £32,407 - £43,182 per annum
- MPR (includes Outer London Weighting)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The school is a member of the successful Unity Schools Partnership. This post provides a unique opportunity for an outstanding candidate to be part of the successful team at St Edward’s Academy.
We seek to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic teacher to join our successful school. We are looking for:
- An inspiring teacher with a passion for teaching Humanities
- A teacher with high expectations for curriculum delivery and teaching and learning
- A teacher who deliver high quality lessons that engage and challenge pupils
- A teacher who is highly motivated
Applicants would need to be able to teach across the Key Stages in Humanities.
We strongly welcome applications from Early Career Teachers.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, or you would like to visit the school, please contact the Maria Driscoll (Headteachers PA) on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
What the school offers its staff
St Edward’s Academy is an established and inspiring school. Our mission: To ensure that every student leaves St Edward’s as the best that they can be. Our students will be confident, articulate and culturally aware. We will make sure that we know every child, have the highest expectations of them and are there to support and guide them to success in each sphere of their lives. Our vision is driven by our ethos - that all of our community should live Life in all its fullness. This is our very core, at the centre of all we do. Our mission is achieved through our HOPE values.
Our outstanding Headteacher and leadership team have created a safe and transformative environment for students to learn, develop and thrive. We invite candidates to find out more about the school by visiting our website and joining us for a tour.
As part of the Unity Schools Partnership, we offer
- A wide range of CPD opportunities (both in school and beyond)
- Opportunities for career progression (including the opportunity to participate in the Trust’s Leadership Development Programme)
- A supportive working environment. We can offer you excellent career development in a supportive environment.
We are situated in Romford within easy travel and road links to both London and Essex.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Edward's Church of England Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 537 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to St Edward's Church of England Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of RE, Humanities and Citizenship
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Norbury High School for Girls
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
Davenant Foundation School
Chester Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 2LD
The Basildon Lower Academy
Timberlog Close, Basildon, Essex, SS14 1UX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock