Teacher of Humanities job summary
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of Humanities to join a committed and successful Humanities department. Although this post has arisen due to a vacancy in our RE team, we are interested in applications from excellent History or Geography teachers who are able to teach some KS3/4 RE. This post is suitable for either an experienced teacher or an ECT seeking to start their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training and development. Part-time requests may be accommodated.
Testbourne is a high performing school with 76% of our students achieving a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths in 2019. Most subjects also achieved above national average scores and 82 grade 9s were obtained across our cohort. In 2020 and 2021, our students achieved even higher results and were able to progress onto their chosen post 16 courses.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent or potentially excellent teacher of History, RE or Geography;
• be passionate about Humanities and engaging students in the subjects.
• have experience of teaching another Humanities subject outside their specialism
• have a passion for learning and teaching and be committed to continuous learning and professional development.
• be forward thinking and keen to develop as a practitioner;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and be passionate about helping all students to appreciate Humanities and achieve excellent standards in the subject.
In return we:
• offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
• provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner;
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
• facilitate a culture of research, development and personal reflection to ensure that everyone can reach the high standards expected;
• provide excellent support for ECTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and mentors. We offer paid induction and orientation activities in the summer term for ECTs joining us in September.
This job post has expired.
About Testbourne Community School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 927 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’
We highly value our staff and expect teaching staff to exercise their professional judgement in how they teach. We are dedicated to professional learning and you will be supported to develop into a highly competent teacher with a deep understanding of effective teaching strategies. To get a sense of what it is like to be part of our team, please see the ‘Working for Us’ section on our website for genuine quotes from our staff.
Similar jobs nearby
St Edmund's Girls' School
Church Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1RD