Teacher of Humanities
THE CREST ACADEMY
Make a real difference – Work in a school in the heart of the community
At the Crest Academy we believe that every child can achieve, regardless of their starting point. Our mission is to ensure that “every student is ready for university and every student is a leader” and we pride ourselves on the fact that we have consistently improved outcomes for all students over the past three years since becoming an E-ACT Academy.
On joining The Crest Academy, you will become part of a growing network of E-ACT schools where you will have a variety of opportunities to develop. Our excellent training is bespoke and includes courses and regional training days where you get to work with the many outstanding practitioners across our network while improving the outcomes and opportunities for all the students in our school.
Teacher of Humanities.
DELIVERING EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE
We need an exceptional person with determination, focus and a broad understanding of the features of an outstanding school necessary to help create a high-attaining learning community at our Academy.
Job Title: Teacher of Humanities
Line Manager: Director of Curriculum
Purpose of Role:
To contribute to our mission by doing what it takes to provide consistently outstanding teaching and learning which engages and challenges all students, meets their needs and ensures that they reach the Academy’s ambitious performance targets.
Being a teacher at this Academy means believing in every student’s potential and their ability to achieve high levels of academic performance and excellent behaviour. It means being prepared to constantly review classroom practice to maximize student progress. Teachers at E-ACT Academies are expected to develop their leadership roles in the classroom and be dynamic team players who are, at all times, solutions focused and relentlessly pursuing the success of every child.
• To teach consistently good and sometimes outstanding lessons that engage and challenge all students.
• To create a nurturing and challenging learning environment in the classroom that helps all students to make excellent progress.
• To make an active contribution to our school environment that helps all students to develop as learners.
• To be a key team player in maintaining excellent discipline and the aspirational and motivational Academy-wide culture.
• To be a form tutor who is willing to do what it takes to ensure that all students and their families embrace our culture and ethos and make excellent progress.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 29 academies across the length and breadth of England. Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community
Essential educational requirements
Qualified to Degree Level
Minimum of Grade C at GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English or completion of QTS Skills Tests.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Consistent record of delivering outstanding lessons.
Experience of effectively leading others.
Evidence of continued professional development relevant to the subject area.
Five reasons to work for us
1. Contracts that work for you and your family - flexi-time, part time, full time.
2. Competitive salaries.
3. Access to free leadership development programmes.
4. Emphasis on work/life balance.
5. Coaching from a member of the Senior Leadership Team in your first year.
About The Crest Academy
- Crest Road, London, NW2 7SN
- The Crest Academy website (opens in a new window)