Teacher of Humanities
This job expired on 9 June 2023 – see similar jobs
9 June 2023 at 10:50am
26 May 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000.00 to £38,810.00
Teacher of Humanities job summary
The Parker Academy is looking to recruit a Teacher of Humanities with a proven track record of delivering high standards in education for pupils.
We are interested in hearing from individuals who shares the same vision of ‘opening minds, opening doors’ for all our pupils. As part of E-ACT, we are passionate about ensuring all pupils are educated to a high standard and experience outstanding opportunities, no matter their background.
The successful candidates will have experience of working in a similar setting and will have the ability to demonstrate how their skills have made a difference in pupil achievement and staff development.
Parker Academy is a truly inspirational secondary school to be part of, with phenomenal staff and pupils. They need a Teacher of Design who can now take them on the rest of the journey to outstanding, so the successful candidates will:
- Inspire and motivate others
- Provide strong, professional, compassionate teaching
- Think and plan strategically
- Promote and facilitate high quality teaching and learning which aims to ensure all pupils fulfil their potential
- Maintain and develop the supportive culture of the staff team
- Promote high standards of behaviour based on fairness and mutual respect
- Have significant experience of KS3/4
- Skills and experience to establish high standards of teaching
- Knowledge and expertise to build on established processes and systems
Closing date for applications: 09.06.2023
We are holding open sessions where you are welcome to come and see the Academy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a viewing.
The Parker E-ACT Academy
An inspiring 11-18 academy in Daventry. We have high expectations for our students and provide forward-thinking, dynamic learning environments to enable them to leave us educated, enriched and empowered.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
· Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
· Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
· Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
· A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work
A historic market town in Northamptonshire, Daventry is home to two E-ACT academies in Parker E-ACT Academy and DSLV, There is plenty to keep residents occupied including the popular Daventry Country Park and reservoir for those interested in countryside walks and picturesque cycling paths.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector leading work life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About The Parker E-ACT Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1120 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Parker E-ACT Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Lodge Park Academy
Shetland Way, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 2JH
Shipston High School
Darlingscote Road, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 4DY
Hendon Place, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4RZ
English Teacher, President Kennedy School
President Kennedy School Academy
Rookery Lane, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 4GL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed