Teacher of Humanities
25 days remaining to apply
Start date details
30 June 2023 at 11:59pm
19 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Humanitiesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
If you are an outstanding teacher looking for the next step in your career, this role could be for you! We are seeking a positive, reflective and inspiring Teacher of Humanities to join our friendly, hardworking Humanities department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to ensuring students make their very best progress, through planning and delivering engaging lessons that will inspire our learners to succeed across KS3 and KS4.
- Support, challenge and engagea diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment
- This post is equally suitable for experienced teachers and newly qualified teachers with talent and a drive for improving learning across classrooms.
What the school offers its staff
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved anOfsted “Good” rating in all categoriesand has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
- A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
- Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
- A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
- The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
- The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
- The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Unity City Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 825 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Unity City Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Thank you for visiting our website to find out more about Unity City Academy. As Principal, it is a genuine pleasure to serve the local community and the students of the school. We passionately believe that every student should achieve the best they can. We call this “choosing a remarkable life”. There are six core areas which can be found across Unity City Academy: Excellence is a habit where high expectations and high performance are the norm; All students aim high, achieving results without excuses; Individuals matter where equality, diversity and difference and celebrated and understood; We are a community and a family at UCA and we always put people first; We are worldwise citizens of tomorrow but also fiercely proud of our Teesside roots and our place within the north-east; Culture is really important to us - it’s important to have fun. We are on a journey to adopt the High Performance Learning (HPL) philosophy and framework. This is a well-researched approach that sees all students as potential high performers who are not limited by ability. As Principal, I am determined to ensure that your child gets the best education possible and that they can achieve their dreams without limit. Students are invited to take part in a range of extracurricular activities and enrichment. We ensure that as well as academic success, our young people develop really positive characteristics that are needed in future life. These include curiosity, enthusiasm, empathy, resilience and self-belief. I would strongly encourage you to visit the school, be it as a potential student with their parent or carer, a business looking to get more involved in the school’s curriculum or as anyone in the community that has an interest in the learning of young people. We look forward to welcoming you to Unity City Academy in the future.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Middlesbrough