Teacher of I.T (Maternity cover)
South Shore Academy, Blackpool, Lancashire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
1. To be responsible for the effective teaching, learning and organisation of assigned pupils to secure good outcomes.
2. To promote the wellbeing of all pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour in accordance with the Academy’s Behaviour Policy.
3. To develop and maintain positive professional relationships with all members of the Academy’s community.
4. To actively engage in the professional development opportunities to further develop skills and improve practice.
5. To play a full part in the life of the Academy to support its vision and ethos.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
Teaching, Learning and Outcomes
• Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
• Ensure all lessons are well planned and personalised, taking into account the different needs of pupils and their prior attainment, with clear objectives and learning outcomes identified.
• Ensure all lessons are well prepared, with equipment and resources readily available, and delivered in accordance with the Academy’s Teaching and Learning Policy.
• Ensure that literacy, numeracy and other Academy curricular initiatives are reflected in the learning experience for all pupils taught.
• Ensure feedback and marking provided to pupils, in both written and verbal form, supports pupils’ better understanding of their achievement to date and what is needed to progress further.
• Use of formative and summative assessment to identify next steps to secure pupil progress.
• Maintain accurate records of pupil progress and assessments.
• In line with Academy policy, report evaluate and analyse pupil progress towards targets to identify individual and groups of underperforming pupils.
• Work proactively with the Subject Team Leader, and colleagues within the subject team, to implement strategies to address the underperformance of individual and groups of pupils.
• Undertake assessment of pupils requested by external examination bodies, subject and Academy procedures.
• Ensure the effective deployment of additional support staff within the classroom to maximise pupil progress.
• Create and maintain an engaging, exciting and orderly learning environment.
Essential educational requirements
Good academic qualifications including degree relevant to the department
At least GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English and Mathematics.
Evidence of recent professional development or further professional study.
Essential skills and experience
Successful teaching experience, relevant to the subject, including up to GCSE level.
Experience of contributing to the work of a department including involvement in curriculum / course planning, development and evaluation.
Recent and relevant experience of working with pupils with SEND in a main stream setting.
CPDMore on how to apply
|School size||711 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||South Shore Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About South Shore Academy
South Shore Academy is part of Bright Futures Educational Trust. At South Shore, we believe that all students should be supported, stretched and challenged in every lesson during their school-based education so that they can achieve and make choices to help them to live a happy, successful life. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed teachers to work as part of a friendly, successful and hardworking Academy.
South Shore Academy has a brand new state of the art building and has a range of incredible facilities including a Sports Hall Complex, Dance and Drama Facilities, Science Labs, ICT Suites, 3G Pitch and much more.
St Anne's Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 2AR