Teacher of ICT/Computing
Brighton Hill Community School, Basingstoke, Hampshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||£24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Salary - Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range – Recruitment allowance will be considered
Due to rapidly increasing student numbers, we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full or part-time Teacher of ICT/Computing from September 2020. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School is currently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 825 students. You will teach across KS3 Computing & and ICT at KS4, as well as a range of abilities to make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
This post provides an excellent opportunity for a teacher looking to progress his/her career and would suit either an experienced or a Newly Qualified Teacher wishing to develop his or her potential. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes; a July/August salary may be available for NQTs.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner.
• Able to demonstrate success in teaching Key Stages 3 and 4 to students of all abilities
• Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students
• Able to create a stimulating learning environment
• Passionate about teaching and learning
• Able to make a significant contribution to the continued development of the Digital Technology & Communication Faculty
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School:
• Excellent support from the Science faculty and the Senior Leadership Team, including our ambitious Headteacher
• “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• "Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• The opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills
• The chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improved outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website: www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk
Alternatively, email Jo Levett, HR Officer email@example.com
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th May 2020
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||678 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Brighton Hill Community School website (opens in a new window)|
About Brighton Hill Community School
Brighton Hill Community School is a secondary school based in Basingstoke, North Hampshire.
For more information, please go to www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk
Brighton Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4HS