Teacher of ICT
Required for September 2020, but earlier start will be considered
Stratton Upper School is a fully comprehensive school with talented students and committed, highly motivated staff and is currently working closely with the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT). It is expected that Stratton will join CMAT in 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of ICT and this is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher to contribute to our success. The ability to teach some computer science would be an advantage.
Continual Professional Development is given a high priority and the successful candidate can be assured they will receive exemplary induction and support in their new role. We are committed to supporting our staff in the pursuit of their personal career goals.
You will be able to take advantage of:
• An enthusiastic student body keen to engage with learning;
• Excellent CPD provision;
• The support of enthusiastic and welcoming colleagues;
• An environment in which creativity and innovation are welcomed.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 24th February 2020.
Requests for tours of the school are welcomed.
The school reserve the right to appoint before the application deadline.
Essential educational requirements
Relevent subject degree
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to teach subject to students of all ages 11-16. (KS3 and GCSE)
• A demonstrable understanding of how children learn.
• The ability to differentiate teaching according to student’s needs.
• The ability to accurately assess the skills and abilities of students and provide diagnostic coaching for improvement.
• The ability to interpret schemes of work to create detailed lesson plans with objectives, activities and appropriate outcomes.
About Stratton Upper School
Stratton is a thriving Upper School with around 1,000 students on roll. The school has grown considerably in recent years; it is popular with the local community and includes over 250 students in the Sixth Form. In many respects we are a true comprehensive school with a full ability range. As the only education provider in the town, our challenge is to move effortlessly between preparing Yr13 students for top universities to working with students who without our support could have rejected the concept of education. Our students are our best advertisement, although closely followed by the dedication of our staff.
- Eagle Farm Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 8JB
- Stratton Upper School website (opens in a new window)