- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Business studies, Computing, ICT
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- MPS (Outer London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging qualified Teacher of IT and Business. You will need to be an outstanding teacher with a commitment and passion for your subject as well as Leadership and Learning.
The purpose of your role will be:
Advance your career within the Federation's supportive academy environment established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders. With unrivalled opportunities for progression, we can provide bespoke courses and qualifications to match your aspirations, whether that be as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To support the subject area as appropriate and provide direction for Subject Lead and teachers
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need to be:
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
- A qualified teacher (holding QTS or equivalent and a relevant undergraduate degree) to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
Learn more About Harris and our Vision and Values
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Read our Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Read our Diversity and Equality Notice
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package. Please visit the Harris careers website for more information.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 905 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Harris Invictus Academy Croydon
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was opened in September 2014 because of the significant demand in the community for new, high-quality school places. In achieving our aims, we are building on the success of the three other Harris Academies in Croydon. Ofsted calls all three of these schools ‘Outstanding’. They are oversubscribed with around seven applications for every place available.
Academy EthosWe believe that when a school gives its students the confidence to believe they are capable of excellence, this is exactly what they go on to achieve.
Our ethos is grounded in the best traditions of hard work, good manners, smart uniform and academic achievement. We combine these with the best of modern teaching and technology. Class sizes are kept as small as possible and students will find that the atmosphere is disciplined and rigorous but also happy.
At Harris Invictus Academy Croydon, learning does not begin and end at the classroom door. Students regularly participate in after-school enrichment classes, activity days and educational visits. In addition to what they learn in the classroom, these activities help to bring learning alive.
We believe passionately in our mission statement: ‘We Know, We Can, We Will’. We never settle for less and are driven by achievement and success. We can do it, and we will succeed no matter the circumstances or difficulties we face.
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development