A fantastic opportunity for a Teacher of IT and Business to join our passionate and supportive IT Department here at West Walsall Academy. The purpose of this role is to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students, ensuring progression is central to all lesson plans and giving our students the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy. In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements. This role would be suitable for a ECT and we believe and champion potential so, even if you don't tick every box but you Think Big, Show Team Spirit and Do The Right Thing - we want you to apply.
Reporting to the Head of Faculty, this post holder will be accountable for;
Teaching and Learning
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- Select and prepare a range of resources that take in to account all students’ learning needs, languages and cultural backgrounds
- Apply a range of teaching strategies to deliver learning objectives and incorporate inclusive strategies that meet the needs of all learners
Assessment and Reporting
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
- Mark and monitor students’ class work and homework/independent learning within agreed deadlines to provide constructive feedback and opportunities for reflection to learners on their attainment, progress and areas for development.
- Know how to identify and support learners affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances.
- To act as a tutor for students supporting the academic and pastoral needs of each individual.
- To be aware of Child Protection issues, knowing how to identify potential abuse/neglect and reporting concerns as they arise.
- To treat all students equally regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender but to be mindful of the different needs, values and beliefs of different groups.
- To use baseline data to track the overall attainment and achievement of students in your tutor group termly; identify underachievement and work with your Progress Leader to ensure intervention strategies are put into place.
Subject knowledge and understanding
- Maintain a secure knowledge and understanding of your subject(s) and related pedagogy to enable you to teach effectively at the Academy
- Take responsibility for your own professional development by reviewing your own performance, acting upon advice/feedback and keeping abreast of current developments in good practice
- Know the statutory framework for professional duties of teachers, an awareness of the policies and practices of the Academy and share in the collective responsibility for their implementation
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification
Our Academy - E-ACT West Walsall
An 11-18 academy in Walsall resolutely focused on improving the life chances of all our students and inspiring them to reach their full potential. Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work - Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to two E-ACT academies in Reedswood E-ACT Academy and West Walsall E-ACT Academy.
Part of the E-ACT family:
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.