- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPR / UPR
A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Teacher of IT &/or Business job summary
Due to rapidly increasing student numbers, we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full time Teacher of IT and/or Business working within our Digital Technology & Communications Faculty. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently rated as ‘Outstanding’ in 3 of the 4 areas inspected by Ofsted and ‘Good’ overall. We continue our rapid progress journey of ‘making success inevitable’ as a coeducational 11-16 Community School with over 1,100 students expected to grow to over 1250 from September 2022. You will teach across the age and ability range predominantly in your subject specialism(s) and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The role will be predominantly dependent on your specialism and therefore could include both Business and IT at KS4. We expect all out staff to display a range of abilities to make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school that is reflective of their experience.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a consistently good/outstanding classroom practitioner
• Be able to articulate clear vision of what constitutes outstanding learning
• Be inspirational in your approach to teaching, leadership and interpersonal relationships
• Demonstrate resilience and commitment to continually raising standards
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
• Exceptional support from the Faculty and the Senior Leadership Team.
• “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted)
• "Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted)
• “Leadership support, decisiveness in action and approachability has resulted in staff feeling highly valued and empowered as professionals.” (Local Authority Inspection Report, 2021)
• “In all aspects of life within Brighton Hill Community School, there is a culture and ethos of ‘people first’ and high expectations through a calm, well-managed environment, that is constantly modelled by leadership with relentless pursuit in maintaining the embodiment of the vision.” (Local Authority Inspection Report, 2021)
• Support to be innovative and develop your professional skills, with our bespoke and expansive CPD programme.
• Benefit from our alliance with the Teaching School and to collaborate with colleagues.
• Opportunities to continue the upward progress trajectory of this faculty
• Work within an established team who are highly resourced and have a strong sense of collaboration and support for each other.
• Opportunities to contribute to an extensive extra-curricular programme for students.
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you.
This job post has expired.