Teacher of IT
The Aylesbury Vale Academy, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP18 0WS
9 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
5 October 2022 at 12pm (midday)
21 September 2022
About The Aylesbury Vale Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1777 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- The Aylesbury Vale Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 01296 428551
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our IT department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The IT department currently comprises of 2 full-time teachers. The job would suit an ECT or a more experienced teacher.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefiting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (including the Primary School) is set to increase its role in the next few years. There are currently 1790 students on roll including 500 in the primary phase.
We will offer you:
- Results above the national average and improving rapidly
- A well-resourced department with excellent facilities and spaces
- Personalised, supportive CPD so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Supportive and thorough induction programme
- Priority admissions for school staff
- 10% discount on pre-school places, 10% discount on Primary wraparound care
- 25% discount on the use of the Lettings facilities (sports pitches, sports hall, drama studios, Community suite, party rooms)
- Long Service Awards
- Free employee assistance programme - 24/7 phone line for free emotional, bereavement and financial concerns
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available free for staff use
- Discount at local coffee shop
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Academy Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the Ofsted visit January 2019:-
- "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership"
- "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly"
- "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' wellbeing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school"
- "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the package of training and support on offer"
- "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts"
- "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy"
Arranging a visit to The Aylesbury Vale Academy
Please contact Mrs E Perrin, HR Manager if you would like to visit the school prior to submitting an application.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes