Inspire, transform, teach! We are currently looking to appoint a dedicated and inspiring Teacher of Latin.
At Harris Academy Chafford Hundred , you will join a dedicated team of teachers and staff supporting our vibrant students. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an outstanding school with an excellent reputation. It is an oversubscribed 11-18 school where staff are supported to become the best through an investment in excellent professional development. The school and its senior management are strongly supportive of Classics. Latin is taught from year 7. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and thriving Classics department staffed by other two teachers. It will be a full-time position, but a part time will be also considered
Main Areas of Responsibility
The successful candidate will be expected to inspire and engage pupils with the outstanding quality of his/her teaching and the individualised support offered outside the classroom. Furthermore, all teaching staff are expected to take a full part in the wider life of the School through extracurricular involvement. The Teacher of Classics will teach students from KS3 to KS4 and contribute to all aspects of the Classics department's work, both inside and outside the classroom. The ability to teach any other subject from the ‘Classics' realm in KS5 is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- To create a positive, supportive and productive working environment for pupils.
- To assess, record, and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- To contribute to departmental schemes of work
- To help develop pupils as critical thinkers and independent learners
- To actively promote the study of Classical subjects at School level and beyond.
- To demonstrate an intrinsic fascination with the Classical world that is communicated effectively and shared generously with pupils and colleagues
- To work collaboratively in order to share ideas, resources and information with colleagues within the department.
Qualifications & Experience
A teacher of Classics must be able to:
- Confidently teach Latin up to A level standard
- Confidently teach ancient history up to A Level standard
- Be willing to take part in supporting the departments extra-curricular endeavours
- The ability to teach Ancient Greek to a small and very able cohort for the new Ancient Greek qualification
- Liaise with achievement director on a regular basis
- Experience of planning and leading trips
- Work across different Harris schools
- Teach any other classical subjects/languages
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.