- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- Teacher Main Scale/Teacher Upper Pay Scale
Teacher of Mathematics
Closing date: Monday 18th October 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Salary: Main Pay Scale/UPS
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Contract type: Full/Part Time
Start date: January 2022
We are an outstanding coeducational grammar school. Our Vision - to pioneer a grammar school education which equips the visionaries of tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Teacher of Mathematics to join our excellent Mathematics Faculty.
We can offer you:
• a school full of students who are keen to learn (“Seldom have I seen a school where students are so universally positive and enthusiastic about their learning” –HMI)
• A school committed to staff well-being, with a three strand strategy focusing on: well-being, workload and recruitment and retention. All staff have Perkbox (https://www.perkbox.com/uk) and can opt into the cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme. All staff have access to our on-site conditioning suite and climbing wall. We have a vibrant staff community and run activities such as: weekly staff fitness clubs, staff choirs, baking activities, shared lunches and annual staff socials.
• a strong commitment to your own professional development. This includes the opportunity to complete NPQML and NPQSL courses via our own Sir Henry Floyd cluster, which is accredited by the Institute of Education at UCL (No.1 Educational Institute in the world). We are members of the national Challenge Partners programme which offers bespoke CPD opportunities. We also contribute to the agenda setting of our local Aylesbury Hub so that CPD is designed to meet local needs and those of our staff. We are keen to support staff interested in working towards SLE accreditation also and have done so successfully, this year.
We would like you:
• to fully commit to our Vision and Mission (see above and below)
• to live the Values that the school expounds, role modelling each of them for students, colleagues and stakeholders (see below)
• to be a good teacher, ambitious to improve to outstanding with our support
• to have high expectations of yourself, and our students
• to be committed to improving the life chances of young people
• be willing to commit to life beyond the academic curriculum
We encourage applications from those candidates with ‘protected characteristics’ as set out in the Equalities Act 2010. We are committed to developing a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we work.
The Trust operates rigorous ‘safer recruitment’ practices, and the successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please click on the link for further details:
We build a diverse community of inquisitive young minds and deliver a contemporary grammar school education which challenges and inspires.
We give our students the stimuli to spark their imagination and encourage them to ‘think big’, both inside and outside the classroom.
We create an environment where challenge is welcomed. We motivate our students to push their boundaries, to explore something new and to emerge as visionary young adults.
We build resilience…
Bouncing back takes courage. We develop a resolute mindset in each of our students and foster a willingness to take calculated risks, without fear of failure.
We encourage reciprocity…
There is strength in the pack. We champion the exchange of wisdom and guidance between our students, to ensure they grow both individually and as a collective.
We grow resourcefulness…
Deeper roots; greater fruits. We motivate our students to investigate every resource and inspiration available to them in their pursuit of fresh knowledge.
We nurture reflection…
Thinking back is moving forwards. We invite our students to be mindful and self-aware, and to continually adapt their practice, balancing the pursuit of excellence and their wellbeing.
We treasure respect…
The little things that go a long way. We expect our students be courteous and kind at all times, and to appreciate and celebrate the differences that make us unique.
‘Working Together to Inspire, Challenge and Achieve’
This job post has expired.