Teacher of Mathematics
Role: Teacher of Mathematics
Start date: January 2020 (or sooner if possible)
Hours of work: Full time
Are you passionate about your subject? Do you want to teach in small community school that knows each one of its children and their families? Do you want to be involved in shaping a new school? If the answers to these are questions are “yes” then you are the person we are looking for to join our school.
This is a unique opportunity to share your best practice in mathematics teaching with a highly ambitious learning team.
We expect you to deliver consistently high quality teaching and we have a ‘no excuses’ culture in taking steps to ensure no child is left behind in their learning. We place value on mathematics and business as it is key to supporting students succeed across the curriculum and in their future lives.
Most important is your attitude and approach. You will be:
• able to motivate students and inspire a love for your subject
• willingness to use your experience to engage and enthuse students about learning
• keen to use new technologies and develop a vision for learning in the 21st Century
• committed to securing outstanding outcomes for all students in your care
• willing to play an active part in enrichment activities
Closing Date: Monday 4th November 12.00 noon
Interview: Thursday 7th November
Applications must be made using the Heyford Park Free School Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement.
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
To discuss this role please contact Ms K Healey on 01869 232203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential educational requirements
As per Person Specification which can be found on our website under 'Vacancies'.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
* Degree in mathematics, business studies or relevant subject.
* QTS for secondary education.
* Relevant up to date training in mathematics including GCSE.
* Relevant up to date training in mathematics including A Level.
Essential skills and experience
* A ‘good’ or better classroom teacher.
* Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods.
* An ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students and plan differentiated lessons to equal opportunity for all.
* An understanding of, and an ability to create, a positive climate for learning.
* Teaching experience at KS3 and KS4.
* Teaching experience at KS5.
* Involvement in developing effective and engaging teaching methods.
* Experience of developing use of ICT in teaching.
ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* The ability to relate to and build relationships with students, parents and other members of the school community.
* Ability to meet deadlines and maintain high professional standards at all times.
* Commitment to participative and continuous improvement.
* Openness and willingness to learn.
* Enthusiasm for change.
* A willingness to participate in enrichment activities.
* Discrete and aware of issues of confidentiality.
As a growing school we offer outstanding opportunities for development and further promotion. We work closely with the Oxfordshire Teaching Schools Alliance and other professional development partners to ensure your development is a priority. As a member of staff you will have access to our leisure facilities and the opportunity to work in a new school committed to developing its staff professionally.
About Heyford Park Free School
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013; we are oversubscribed and experiencing rapid growth in both the Primary and Secondary phases. Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment. Small year groups enable us to know every child well and personalise their learning. We are forward-thinking, with the freedom to shape our school curriculum in response to the needs of the local community and businesses and we are delighted that Ofsted confirmed our judgement of good was maintained in their November ‘18 visit. “We aim to know every one of our students well, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.”
- 74 Camp Road, Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, OX25 5HD
- All Through
- Free School
- Heyford Park Free School website (opens in a new window)