- £25,714 - £41,604
Teacher of Mathematics job summary
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (if post threshold)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 24 May 2022 at 9am
Interview Date: Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early
Start: September 2022
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and reflective mathematics teacher to join our well-established and successful faculty. ECTs are welcome to apply.
We believe that everyone is able to learn Mathematics well. Our goal as a Department is to work to engender in our students an appreciation of the intrinsic value of mathematics, and we want all students to achieve mathematical confidence through a deep understanding of the subject. Our “teach for understanding” mantra is apparent in every lesson and our curriculum is structured in such a way that we can dedicate faculty meeting time to exploring the progression of a particular topic from Year 7 to 11. We believe that successful learning of mathematics requires a diet of explicit teaching that builds on students’ prior understanding of mathematical ideas, supported by regular deliberate practice and application of knowledge. This is supplemented by the sharing of clear communication and problem-solving strategies and opportunities to share in the awe and wonder that we each hold for our subject.
The Department is committed to maintaining workload at a manageable level and ensures that practices are informed by evidence and evaluation. Written feedback is minimised and systems are in place to ensure whole-class feedback is effective and efficient. We are on a journey to improve our curriculum and assessment still further and this is an exciting time to join the Department and work alongside experienced and dedicated colleagues.
If you are committed to inspiring your students to learn how mathematics helps them to understand the world, feel the satisfaction of solving a challenging problem, and value the transferable mathematical skills developed though purposeful practice, then we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• an enthusiastic mathematician, able to ignite interest in mathematics from students and colleagues;
• committed to ensuring that all students reach their potential regardless of prior attainment;
• capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working in our school, across the Abingdon Learning Trust and in the wider mathematics teaching community.
• a role model for our students and staff;
• effective in setting and attaining high standards of student progress;
• active in working to develop their own teaching practice.
In return we will offer you:
• the support and satisfaction of being part of a dynamic and creative team led by very experienced and highly motivated staff.
• students who have a desire to achieve and respect the school’s expectations.
• a programme of supported induction and continuing professional development firmly rooted in educational research.
• a commitment to supporting the well-being of all staff.
An application pack is available from the John Mason School website https://www.johnmason.oxon.sch.uk/joining-us/vacancies/
CVs alone are not acceptable.
Abingdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits. The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
All staff are expected to promote fundamental British values.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.