||Suitable for NQTs
||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490
The Westwood Academy is a popular and progressive academy driving hard to move from good to outstanding. Due to increasing pupil numbers for the coming academic year, we require an additional Teacher of Mathematics to assist and support the Head of Maths and build on the strengths already existing within the team and continue the progress being made in this vital curriculum area. NQT’s are welcome to apply. Ideally you will start work this academic year, at any time from Easter 2020.
The Westwood Academy offers the best of all school environments. Our strengths include
• A small, community school which has a supportive, family feel and yet has the highest expectations of our wonderful staff and pupil team
• Exceptionally strong relationships between staff and pupils
Excellent Maths results
• An excellent reputation in the local community
• A stunning environment in which to work
• A strong professional development programme at all levels of the organisation with teaching and learning at the heart of what we do
• An academic curriculum which continues to be enriched by sport, the creative arts and around 30 different clubs and societies
• Pupils who love to come to school and are proud of The Westwood Academy
In our most recent OfSTED inspection (October 2017) we were graded ‘good’ and our journey towards outstanding was noted. Recently, the governing bodies of The Westwood Academy and the prestigious Kenilworth School came together to form a Multi-Academy Trust (KMAT) and so you will be joining us at the start of this exciting journey. In addition, you will be joining a team made up of staff who have been working with us for 40 years through to new teachers to the profession.
Employees benefit from an extensive bespoke CPD programme, You are most welcome to visit the school to meet our staff and pupils. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Head Teacher.
Essential educational requirements
Maths and English to GCSE. Degree in qualifying subject. PGCE in qualifying subject.
QTS in qualifying subject
PGCE or undertaking appropriate teaching qualification route
Essential skills and experience
Previous experience would be an advantage but is not necessary. Commitment and enthusiasm for your subject are essential as are aspirations to enable our pupils to exceed their potential.
A bespoke package of CPD training will be available, we are part of the PIXL group of school and this innovative scheme is available to all staff.
More on how to apply