Teacher of Mathematics
The Westwood Academy, Coventry, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
The Westwood Academy is a popular and progressive academy working ceaselessly to move from good to outstanding. Due to increasing pupil numbers for this and future academic years, we require an additional Teacher of Mathematics to assist and support the Head of Faculty and build on the strengths within the existing team and to continue the progress being made in this vital curriculum area. NQT’s are welcome to apply.
The Westwood Academy offers the best of all school environments. Our strengths include
• A small, community school which has a supportive, family feel and yet has the highest expectations of our wonderful staff and pupil team
• Exceptionally strong relationships between staff and pupils
• An excellent reputation in the local community
• A superb environment in which to work
• A strong professional development programme at all levels of the organisation with teaching and learning at the heart of what we do
• An academic curriculum which continues to be enriched by sport, the creative arts and around 30 different clubs and societies
• Pupils who love to come to school and are proud of The Westwood Academy
• We recently became part of the Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust family of schools
In our most recent OfSTED inspection (October 2017) we were graded ‘good’ and our journey towards outstanding was noted. Recently, the governing bodies of The Westwood Academy and the prestigious Kenilworth School came together to form a Multi-Academy Trust (KMAT) and so you will be joining us at the start of this exciting journey. In addition, you will be joining a team made up of staff who have been working with us for 40 years alongside teachers new to the profession.
Employees benefit from an extensive and bespoke CPD programme.
You are most welcome to visit the school to meet our staff and pupils. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Head of School.
Essential educational requirements
Maths and English to GCSE. Degree in qualifying subject. PGCE in qualifying subject.
QTS in qualifying subject
PGCE or undertaking appropriate teaching qualification route
Essential skills and experience
Previous experience would be an advantage but is not necessary. Commitment and enthusiasm for your subject are essential as are aspirations to enable our pupils to exceed their potential.
A bespoke package of CPD training will be available, we are part of the PIXL group of school and this innovative scheme is available to all staff.
|School size||574 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Westwood Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Westwood Academy
The Westwood Academy is a school in the Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust
Mitchell Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 8DY