- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- MPS / UPS (fringe area)
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Full or Part Time
Suitable for ECTs
Required from January 2022
Required for January 2022, an outstanding Teacher of Mathematics who is enthusiastic, talented and ambitious and is willing to contribute to and learn from the best practice in the faculty. The successful applicant will maintain the high professional and academic standards, remaining up to date in terms of subject knowledge and pedagogical techniques as well as ensuring that the faculty functions effectively as a team.
We would like you to have:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Have a genuine passion for Mathematics and the teaching of mathematics
• Display a high level of professionalism at all times
• Have a natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’
• Be committed to the safeguarding of children
• Be committed to obtaining the highest standards of achievement, and have the belief that engaging learning, with high challenge and a focus on developing independence, is the most effective and enjoyable learning
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes on Wednesday 6th October 2021 at 9am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: as soon as possible thereafter
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.chancellors.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Pine Grove, Brookmans Park, Hertfordshire, AL9 7BNev
Pine Grove,9 7BN Brookmans Park AL9 7BN
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1190 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Chancellor's School
Thank you for your interest in Chancellor’s School.
You would be joining at an exciting time in the school’s history. Chancellor's is an inclusive school with exceptional academic results. We remain determined to strengthen our teaching and learning culture, and to make further improvements in the future.
We continue to be significantly oversubscribed with increasing numbers in our sixth form. Students make extremely good progress during their time at the school, and there are an impressive number of students who achieve the very top grades.
We are focused on achieving the very best for every member of the school community and we expect standards to rise further in the future. We joined the Danes Educational Trust in 2019 and this has helped create further exciting and varied opportunities for both staff and students.
We were also inspected by Ofsted (September 2018) and, whilst we remain rated as ‘Good’, there was a clear acknowledgement of the impact of the school’s work of late and the progress we have made since the previous Ofsted. I am pleased that, as part of the Danes Educational Trust, we have taken further strides forward.
It is a privilege to be the Headteacher of Chancellor’s School. It is a positive and rewarding place to work with a strong sense of community. Teachers are respected and valued not only by the Senior Leadership Team, but by students, parents and governors. Visitors often remark at how delightful our students are. Not only are they keen to learn, they are friendly, ambitious, proud of their school and eager to take on responsibility.
The highly professional staff is dedicated and focused on the core business of the school, teaching and learning. The governors and I are committed to the well-being and continuing professional development of all members of staff.
You can visit our website on www.chancellors.herts.sch.uk for further information about the school including the school prospectus. If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises six schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School, De Havilland Primary School and Elstree Screen Arts Academy. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all five schools. If appointed, you will benefit from teaching within an established, outstanding Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
• We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
• We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
• We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
• We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
• We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
• We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites – www.chancellors.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Mr David Croston
Arranging a visit to Chancellor's School
Please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org