Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS or UPS
Teacher of Mathematics job summary
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of Mathematics. The successful candidate will have the vision and creativity, to inspire students and contribute to the continued development of the Mathematics department.
In addition to the conditions laid out in the generic Job Description for teachers as outlined in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document, you will:
- Have responsibility for raising standards in quality of teaching and learning in the subject area.
- Be responsible for liaising with the school SLT and teachers, setting and working towards curriculum goals based on engagement and attainment.
- Commit to your own personal training and development.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to implement and deliver an inspiring curriculum in a vibrant learning environment;
- Have the ability and passion to motivate and make Maths interesting and relevant to pupils;
- Have obtained at least a high quality degree in Maths;
- Have high expectations and aspirations for all students;
- Are committed to our vision to ensure student well-being and good progress is at the heart of everything we do.
Part of Swale Academies Trust, The Turing School is at its heart, a community school. We pride ourselves on knowing all of our students and families, and we work together to support and develop our young people into becoming successful, confident and happy young adults.
Join us to benefit from:
- Excellent on-site facilities;
- Bank of resources across the Trust;
- Excellent CPD programme;
- Being part of a highly successful Trust;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – supporting wellbeing and providing advice to all employees;
- Recruitment referral incentives;
- Free parking on site.
We thank you for your interest. If you would like to know more about our school, please visit our website:theturingschool.org.uk
Applying for the job
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Gemma Sorrell-Fleet for an informal discussion. firstname.lastname@example.org and 01323 465700
Applications can be completed on TES or alternatively a form can be downloading from the supporting documents to complete and sent to Gemma Sorrell-Fleet, Office Manager, email@example.com or by post to The Turing S chool, Larkspur Drive, Eastbourne East Sussex BN23 8EJ. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (o ption 2)
We are happy to discuss any support you may need during your application process as part of our reasonable adjustment approach.
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: 6th October 2022
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosureMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 253 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Turing School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 577 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
The Turing School is at its heart, a community school. We pride ourselves on knowing all of our students and families, and we work together to support and develop our young people into becoming successful, confident and happy young adults. With the right support and guidance, secondary school can be an exciting experience for young people that will equip them with the skills, abilities and qualities to succeed in life.
We have high expectations of our students regarding their academic progress, behaviour and presentation. All students deserve a positive and successful secondary school experience, and we want our young people to feel valued, supported and inspired. We are passionate about ensuring that our students become happy, confident and successful young people, whilst instilling in them a love of learning and a desire to succeed.