Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time, job share
Main Pay Scale £25,714 to £36,961
The successful candidate will join a school of highly committed, professional and caring staff who are dedicated to raising achievement and providing aspirational role models for all of our children. The successful candidate will predominately teach mathematics to KS3 and KS4 although an ability to teach science would be advantageous. We would also be interested to hear any interests candidates may have in practical, vocational subjects.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Is an outstanding classroom teacher able to demonstrate strong subject knowledge in Mathematics.
• Is able to teach to all GCSE levels in creative and successful ways.
• Can demonstrate outstanding behaviour management skills and strategies.
• Is able to teach innovative and creative maths lessons to younger students of all abilities.
• Can support the development of an innovative and engaging curriculum.
• Supports the inclusive ethos of the school and believes that every child should have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
• Is committed to their own personal and professional development.
• Thrives in a collaborative working environment.
• Has a willingness to teach science.
Applying for the job
Application packs are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
0 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Acorn Free School
Acorn is situated in a pleasant residential area of Lincoln. We are seeking a talented, well qualified and motivated maths teacher, who has the drive and ambition to join and develop our Alternative Provision Free School. Acorn works in partnership with secondary schools throughout Lincolnshire and into Nottinghamshire, supporting pupils who are presenting with emotional and behavioural challenges. Pupils are all dual registered; with Key Stage Three students placed for short-term intervention and then phased back into their mainstream setting. The Key Stage Four offer is full time and permanent; we offer GCSEs in core subjects as well as a full suite of vocational options, all of which are classed to be of high quality. We pride ourselves on our ability to teach GCSE courses whilst at the same time providing students with the Personal Development Opportunities that they may need.
Acorn is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and we expect everyone to share this commitment. The School is legally obligated to process an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
The DBS check will reveal both spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any other information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role. Any information that is “protected” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 will not appear on a DBS certificate.
For posts in regulated activity, the DBS check will include a barred list check. It is an offence to seek employment in regulated activity if you are on a barred list.
Arranging a visit to Acorn Free School
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school by prior appointment with the Headteacher. Please contact Sarah Tan on 01522 822428 to arrange an appointment.