TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING
1. To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject and to take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work
2. To plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs.
3. To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies and guidelines for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management.
4. To do all that you can to ensure that you safeguard and promotes the welfare of students in the school.
5. To set well-grounded expectations for students in your teaching groups and give them clear and constructive feedback.
6. To assess, monitor and record the progress of students in your teaching groups and give them clear and constructive feedback.
7. To record assessments as outlined in the school’s Assessment Policy and meet statutory requirements for reporting to parents.
8. To do all you can to ensure that, as a result of your teaching, your students achieve well relative to their prior attainment, making progress as good as or better than similar students nationally and in the School.
9. To participate in arrangements made in accordance with regulations for the management of your own performance and that of other teachers.
10. To make an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and plan of your curriculum team.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Successful experience of teaching subject
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
• Good organisational skills
• Good ICT skills
• Degree and QTS
• Awareness of statutory requirements concerning Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, SEN and Child Protection
About Downend School
- Westerleigh Road, Bristol, BS16 6XA
- Downend School website (opens in a new window)