Teacher of Mathematics
8 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
6 June 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, 39 weeks per year.
Full-time equivalent salary
- Ark MPS/UPS, Inner London
Potential for 2 i/c for the right candidate
What skills and experience we're looking for
We invest heavily in our outstanding mathematics department which we believe is one of the strongest departments in the country. Maths provision at the school is very strong and the curriculum allocation is generous.
The department's approach to pedagogy is distinctive resulting in high student progress and outcomes. In 2022, 44% of scholars achieved a grade 7+ at GCSE and 94% secured at least a grade 4. The department’s progress score in 2022 was +1.2, which places is as one of the highest performing maths departments in the country. Typically, 10-20% of scholars continue studying maths at A Level/ IB.As part of the Ark network, the department benefits from subject specific support from the Maths network lead, Dani Quinn, former Head of Mathematics at Michaela, and the MathsMastery team.
Asa teacher of Maths, you will support the Head of Department to lead, develop and manage the effective delivery of the maths curriculum. A potential TLR is available for a successful candidate capable of teaching Statistics. A passion for your subject and a commitment to extra-curricular activities is essential.
Applicants must be fully aligned with the school’s values and ethos as set out in this document and on our website: www.arkgreenwichfreeschool.org.
What the school offers its staff
- We are part of the Ark family of schools and benefit accordingly from outstanding networking and career opportunities and first-class CPD.
- Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We do not do knee jerk reactions, fads or last-minute deadlines. Our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on our local context.
- This is a small school model (600 scholars aged 11-16) because we believe that our close-knit family community provides the optimum conditions for success.
- Scholar behaviour is exceptional with clearly defined and embedded routines. This means our teachers can focus their time on the things that matter – planning and delivering brilliant lessons for our scholars.
- This is a strict no excuses, no mobile phone school. Phones are not permitted onsite at all. Scholars wear business dress to prepare them for a professional career.
- Our curriculum is traditional and academic, and we do not take shortcuts to seek to boost our position in school league tables – we do not, for example, offer equivalencies such as Btecs or Vcerts. >90% Ebacc entry rate.
- We put high-quality teaching at the heart of what we do. We are committed to providing staff with weekly high-quality training. We run coaching for staff who want to see rapid progress in their discipline. Live coaching and current best practice in the field of education is central to our approach.
- We don’t grade individual lessons or ask for lesson plans but we do place a primacy on curriculum design, independent learning and formative assessment.
- Scholars enjoy a compulsory co-curricular program on a Wednesday afternoon which includes a strong focus on community volunteering and we facilitate 12 drop-down days per year ensuring scholars benefit from a range of life-enriching experiences.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ark Greenwich Free School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 593 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ark Greenwich Free School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The opportunity to empower young people to grow and be successful is at the heart of everything we do. We provide the very best all-round education to prepare our scholars for the modern world. We are proud of our respectful and disciplined community where scholars and staff are safe and valued; a no-excuses ethos prevails; and aspirations are unashamedly sky-high. Our values of Ambition, Growth, Fellowship and Scholarship permeate all aspects of school life. Our mission is to create a school of the highest standards that achieves this through recruiting and training excellent teachers and support staff and in developing a pastoral system that ensures no child is left behind.
Similar jobs nearby
Maths Teacher - Full or part time
Christ's Church of England Comprehensive Secondary School
Queens Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW10 6HW
Harris Academy Ockendon
Erriff Drive, South Ockendon, RM15 5AY
Maths Teacher – Free accommodation in desirable village location
Seal Hollow Rd, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 3SL
English, Geography or History Teacher with a willingness to re-train?
Seal Hollow Rd, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 3SL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London