Teacher of Mathematics
The Cooper School, Bicester, Oxfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
The Cooper School prides itself on its innovative and creative Mathematics department and are now seeking an exceptional practitioner to join the team from September 2020 in the role of Teacher of Mathematics.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is relentless in the pursuit of pupil progress and achievement.
The successful candidate will have excellent teaching skills, the ability to inspire and motivate our students to achieve outstanding results, and have the desire to make a real difference and contribution to our school. We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced teachers.
If you have any questions regarding the position or would like to visit our school, please contact Human Resources to make arrangements. Telephone 01869 362697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential educational requirements
• Well-qualified graduate with appropriate degree
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Curriculum development work
• Experience across the age and ability range
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent classroom skills
• Creativity and flexibility
• Commitment to developing teaching and learning
• Commitment to raising attainment
• An awareness of responsibilities for health and safety of themselves and others
• Successful and satisfactory background check received from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) after interview and before appointment.
• A commitment to safeguarding children
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues;
• an innovative and supportive working environment;
• caring, well behaved and motivated students;
• a genuinely happy and friendly academy community;
• a commitment to Continual Professional Learning and Development;
• strong links with and support from the wider academy;
• an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued;
• the opportunity to use Google’s GSuite for Education.
|School size||1293 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Cooper School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Cooper School
At The Cooper School, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking in terms of curriculum decisions which support our students; focused on improving learning through the use of new technologies and determined to continuously refine our approaches to teaching and learning. Investing in the Media Suite reflects a small part of our approach to making learning engaging, relevant and active for our students.
Joining us as a member of staff at The Cooper School means being able to see the big picture for the students here. It means that whilst we always strive for academic excellence, we also place great value upon students becoming adaptable, resourceful and enquiring. These are the sort of skills that will enable them to become effective citizens, just as much as their academic results will. As such, we encourage independent learning, enrichment initiatives and House-based teamwork and co-operation.
Working here is an opportunity to flourish as a professional. We ‘grow our own’ leaders. Many new staff have taken on additional responsibilities which is a mark of their quality and commitment to making progress in their own careers as well as their desire to become part of a successful and positive organisation.
Churchill Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4RS