Teacher of Mathematics
This job expired on 31 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
20 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time Monday - Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS or UPS
- 28,000 - 43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
To consistently teach at a level that would be regarded as good or outstanding and inso doing be a role model for other practitioners
• Improve quality of teaching across the key stages through systematic planning,observation and quality assurance procedures
• Undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the professionalstandards for teachers
• Contribute to the subject area’s improvement plan
• To attend all appropriate meetings
• To teach students according to their educational needs
• To ensure that ICT, literacy and numeracy and business and enterprise are reflected inthe learning and teaching experiences of students
• Ensure that the relevant schemes of work are followed and that all Academy policiesare adhered to in relation to assessment, homework, lesson planning, behaviour management, target setting and monitoring students’ progress.
• Ensure that work is appropriately differentiated to meet individual student need
• Keep up to date with developments within the subject and curriculum area and withineducation
What the school offers its staff
• Free health protection: We understand the importance of health and wellbeing, which is whywe offer free health protection to all staff, including free NHS health checks and yearly flu vaccinations.
• Discount for teachers: We offer discounts to teachers to help with the cost of living, we alsopay extra for duties and an added bonus if you are an external examiner for your subject.
• Cycle to work scheme: We encourage sustainable transportation options by offering a cycleto work scheme.
• Wider personal benefits such as discounted eye tests, well-being clinics, dentistry, financialand legal advice.
• Extensive leadership and subject based CPD, including paid memberships for the followingprofessional bodies: Charter College membership, Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors membership and Subject Association memberships.
• Paid bonuses for those staff who are markers for examination bodies.
• Committed to supporting the well-being of our workforce, we are part to the DfE Workforce
Wellbeing Charter and have an Assistant Principal with a strategic lead for staff well-being.
We have implemented several initiatives to reduce workload, including assessing theworkload of new initiatives, reduced unnecessary communication through email protocols, have a staff well-being working group and we conduct regular well-being questionnaires to guide further improvements.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Great Academy Ashton
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1297 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Great Academy Ashton website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0161 241 9555
Arranging a visit to Great Academy Ashton
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Dean Trust Rose Bridge
Holt Street, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN1 3HD
Saint Paul's Catholic High School
Firbank Road, Manchester, M23 2YS
The Rudheath Senior Academy
Middlewich Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7DT
Oakworth Road, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD22 7DU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool