Teacher of Mathematics
A well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Maths is required for January 2020. The successful candidate will join a friendly, dedicated and high achieving department. The Maths department is committed to providing high quality teaching and learning for all students. This is therefore an ideal opportunity for an NQT or an experienced teacher wishing to develop further in a friendly and positive environment. A TLR/Recruitment allowance is available for a suitably experienced and qualified candidate.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Experience of classroom teaching, including evidence of high student achievement
Excellent knowledge and understanding of current issues in mathematics education
Very good oral and written communication skills
Strong commitment to the values and ethos of the school
We can offer you:
• Excellent Induction with staff wellbeing as its highest priority
• The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking Maths department
• Excellent professional development and guidance.
• The opportunity to teach in a highly successful academy, which achieved the best KS4 results in Central Bedfordshire in 2019 for the 3rd year running.
• A rural location, but with excellent transport links to larger towns and cities such as Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton and London via the M1 and Thameslink train line – the train station is only a 10 - 15 minute walk away.
• Friendly and supportive working environment
• Unparalleled CPD opportunities
• Good promotion prospects and career development
• Popular school, attracting many out of catchment students
• Thriving Sixth Form with approx. 270 students
• Well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
About Harlington Upper School
- Goswell End Road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 6NX
- Harlington Upper School website (opens in a new window)