Full-time equivalent salary
Teacher of Mathematics job summary
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic teacher who places students at the heart of everything you do? Haywood Academy is an 11 – 18 school and part of the City Learning Trust. We invite applications from teachers who share our vision for delivering World Class education.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to take a pivotal role in driving the future of this Academy on its journey to becoming a ‘great’ school. The successful candidate will have enjoyed a range of experiences to date that will have prepared them for this role. They will be an outstanding teacher who can demonstrate a track record of raising standards and importantly, be child centered and able to inspire young people to be the best that they can be.
As we strive for ‘great’ teaching and learning across our Academies the successful candidate will have the highest expectations for both the young people, staff and wider community at Haywood Academy.
If you want to work in an Academy where you can make a real difference to young people’s life chances, while working within a partnership of Academies, committed to cooperation and collaboration to unlock talent and fulfill potential, then this post is just right for you. In return you will be supported and encouraged to develop further and enjoy a long and rewarding career working across the City Learning Trust.
The City Learning Trust is committed to raising the aspirations and achievements of all young people within our learning community and is a 3-19 partnership of Academies. We aim to create a world-class education system across our community of schools.
We are looking for someone who:
• has vision, energy and enthusiasm for teaching and learning
• is proactive, innovative and focused on student outcomes
• is an inspirational, ambitious teacher with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• has a proven track record of delivering and shaping high quality outcomes for young people
• is an advocate of partnership working and community engagement
• is a highly effective classroom practitioner with excellent student outcomes and high expectations of all learners and professionals
• has an appreciation for and commitment to broadening the experiences of young people
In return we can offer:
• the opportunity to work in an excellent Academy with a talented and committed team of staff
• a dynamic and thriving academy student body who deserve the best
• the support and shared purpose of the wider CLT Senior Leadership Group
• a competitive salary structure
• excellent careers opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of professional learning and development
• national and international networking opportunities
• a commitment to your own professional growth
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Haywood Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 1130 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Haywood Academy is a successful 11-18 Academy that provides high quality education for the young people of Burslem and the surrounding area. It is a popular and oversubscribed Academy with approximately 1200 students on roll. Between 11-16, each year group has approximately 210 on roll. Each year around 500 students apply for 210 places in Year 7. The Academy’s sixth form provision is based off site from the main Academy building at the School of Art, Burslem and enjoy a modern sixth form in quite unique settings. The sixth form is called ‘City College’ and is relatively small in nature with around 100 students on roll.
The Academy has been consistently graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted over the past 6 years. Its latest inspection was in December 2017 where it received an extremely complimentary report. Haywood was the founding member of the City Learning Trust and was the first convertor Academy in the city of Stoke on Trent.
The Academy is the only one in the country to win two national awards for excellence from the DfE in the same year, the Regional Pupil Premium Award and the Regional Character Education Award.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Maths
Saint Paul's Catholic High School
Firbank Road, Manchester, M23 2YS
Teacher of Maths
The Rudheath Senior Academy
Middlewich Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7DT