Teacher of Mathematics
Required: Teacher of Mathematics
Full Time or Part Time Available/Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS depending on experience
Start Date: September 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your teaching skills in a great school?
We wish to appoint someone with commitment and the ambition to be a great Maths Teacher.
The person we appoint will:
¨ Be enthusiastic and flexible
¨ Be creative and use initiative
¨ Be a reflective learner
In return we can offer:
¨ A welcoming school
¨ Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
¨ A strong senior and curriculum leadership team
¨ A supportive working environment
¨ Strong support for NQTs including membership of the Oaks Collegiate
¨ Excellent opportunities for promotion
The successful applicant will join a team of strong practitioners who work together to inspire students to succeed. Outside of the department you will have the opportunity to work with other Heads of Maths through the Oaks Collegiate, a local partnership of schools. This is an excellent school to work in, with students who are ambitious and motivated to learn and staff who support each other. We are not only committed to developing our students, but you will also be fully supported with your own professional development.
Closing date for applications: 12:00pm on Wednesday 26th February 2020
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 5th March 2020
Visits to the school are welcome:
Please contact the school on 0121 464 3172 to arrange an appointment.
Please note that appointment is subject to enhanced DBS, medical and reference checks.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this position you will need to complete an application form. Our application form is available online from our website https://www.hillcrest.bham.sch.uk/job-vacancies
If you have any queries, please contact the school on 0121 464 3172.
Essential educational requirements
• Successful teaching of all aspects of Maths to GCSE and A Level.
• Experience of teaching full ability range.
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Relevant Degree.
• Evidence of continuing professional development.
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to demonstrate that you are an outstanding classroom teacher.
• Proven track record of examination success at GCSE and A Level.
• High level of interpersonal skills.
• Able to analyse and synthesise information.
• The ability to form good working relationships with colleagues and students.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Good organisation and time management skills.
• Confident user of ICT.
About Hillcrest School and Sixth Form Centre
- Stonehouse Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B32 3AE
- Hillcrest School and Sixth Form Centre website (opens in a new window)