Teacher of Mathematics & Lead Teacher of Numeracy
We require a Teacher of Mathematics and Lead Teacher of Numeracy for September 2020.
(Main Pay Range plus TLR 2a, £2,796)
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and committed specialists to work in the Mathematics Faculty and develop Numeracy at this highly successful school.
We are looking for:
•An established teacher, with a strong classroom presence and a commitment to excellent Mathematics teaching.
•A person who is able to work well in a team and is looking to develop a Mastery approach to Mathematics teaching within the faculty.
•An ambitious teacher who is looking to progress to leadership roles within the school.
This is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious and motivated teacher to join an excellent faculty.
For further details and an application form please go to the school vacancies page on our school website (www.cirencesterkingshill.gloucs.sch.uk) and click on the E-Teach link.
Closing date for receipt of applications is midday Wednesday 26th February 2020
Interviews: Week beginning 2nd March 2020
Cirencester Kingshill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if there is a sufficient number of applications.
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree or equivalent.
• PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education) or equivalent teaching qualification
• Qualified teacher status (QTS)
• Secondary school trained
Essential skills and experience
• A commitment to excellent teaching
• Ability to teach Mathematics to GCSE level.
• A strong classroom presence.
• Knowledge of curriculum issues for pupils aged 11-16 and current issues in Mathematics.
• Ability to use ICT effectively to assist with teaching and learning, as well as for recording and reporting.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with a range of audiences including pupils, staff, parents and governors.
Cirencester Kingshill School is oversubscribed. The school has an excellent team of teachers and support staff, motivated pupils, supportive parents and an active Governing Body. We also have excellent facilities and resources.
The school offers a variety of CPD and INSET training programmes are scheduled annually. Performance Management is structured into the school calendar. Opportunities are also given to work, collaborate and visit other schools to establish partnerships.
Teaching staff are automatically enrolled into TPS (Teachers Pension Service).
About Cirencester Kingshill School
Cirencester Kingshill School, opened in 1976, as a purpose built 11-16 co-educational comprehensive. It is situated on the south east side of Cirencester approximately one mile from the centre, on a spacious site bordering open countryside. The school became an Academy in August 2011.
- Kingshill Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1HS
- Cirencester Kingshill School website (opens in a new window)