Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (Maternity Leave)
MPS or UPS
Teacher of Mathematics
Part Time Maternity Cover (Approx. 0.6 FTE)
Required for September 2021
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1160 on roll
• Co-educational Sixth Form with nearly 400 students
• MPS or UPS
We wish to appoint a dynamic and inspirational part time Teacher of Mathematics to help take the department to even further success. Mathematics is one of the most popular subjects in the school with a large cohort of Mathematics and Further Mathematics students at A level. You would join a team of 8 Mathematics specialists in a new £3.7 million resource rich building. In 2019 55% of Y11 students achieved grades 7-9 at GCSE and 65% of Y13 students achieved A*-B at A level
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for Mathematics and the ability to inspire both staff and students.
• Insist on a commitment from all young people to achieve success; and will have the ability to motivate students with a focus on maximising attainment.
• The ability to teach to GCSE.
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry, Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is midday on Monday 10th May 2021
Interview date w/b Monday 17th May 2021
(Please note that interviews may take place ahead of the closing date and therefore early applications are encouraged)
Applying for the job
Please complete an application form and letter and send to:
or via post to:
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.