Teacher of Mathematics (Maternity Leave Cover)
Trinity CE High School is an Outstanding school (Ofsted 2014) and an ideal place to both start and enhance your career.
The overall school curriculum is organised over 50 periods on a 10-day cycle. Mathematics is currently allocated between 6 & 7 of these periods for each of the Year Groups in KS3, 8 of these periods in Year 10, and 7 periods in Year 11. Classes are setted according to ability across half-Year groups in Years 10 & 11. Year 7-9 classes are mixed ability and are following a mastery curriculum.
The Department uses AQA GCSE at KS4 as the main supporting text to deliver the National Curriculum, but a variety of collaboratively produced resources are also used.
Colleagues are encouraged to develop and share their own resources and to approach lesson preparation with flexibility and imagination. We hope to expose every student to a variety of teaching styles and learning opportunities. We aim to enhance both the teaching and learning of the subject and to see every student realise his/her full potential, developing the use of virtual learning environments and web based learning. Pupils can use MyMaths, Mathswatch and Doddle online at home and have access to revision materials and other homework tasks on the school website.
At GCSE all sets are entered for their exam in June of Year 11. Sets 1, 2, and 3 are following the Higher Scheme of Work, and Sets 4 and 5 are following the Foundation Scheme of Work.
Learning support is usually in-class and is supplied by dedicated learning support assistants. The specialist support can be general learning support, support for visually impaired students or EMAS support.
Essential educational requirements
English GCSE A*-C or equivalent
Mathematics GCSE A*-C or equivalent
Good honours degree in a relevant subject and teacher training qualification
Evidence of continuing professional development
Essential skills and experience
This role is suitable for an experienced practitioner, or a newly qualified teacher.
We are looking for:
• A well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and has a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life in classroom settings;
• The ability to teach maths at KS4 & KS5;
• The talent, interpersonal skills and range of teaching skills necessary to contribute to the success of the staff team;
• The commitment to care for everyone in our school community ‘The main foundation for success that this school is built upon is faith; faith in the power of education and faith in young people’ (Ofsted 2014);
• A passion for teaching and learning that energises young people and allows them to develop the skills and attitudes they will need for their futures;
• The enthusiasm to develop this subject and the vision to extend the work already undertaken;
• Support the Christian ethos of our school.
• The opportunity to join our Outstanding school of 1300 students aged 11-18, supported by a hugely talented and hard-working staff team: ‘The quality of teaching is outstanding’ (Ofsted 2014);
• Keen, committed students who are positive and active learners - ‘The achievement of pupils is outstanding’ (Ofsted 2014);
• Excellent professional development and guidance – we welcome applications from NQTs;
• A very successful and over-subscribed school: ‘The school is massively over-subscribed every year’ (Ofsted 2014);
• Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings, supported by the latest resources to support learning;
• Enrolment in the Teachers' Pension Scheme;
• Free parking and use of the school Fitness Suite;
• Childcare Voucher Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme in operation;
• We are a socially inclusive and equal opportunities school and committed to and actively promote equal opportunities for all our students and staff.
About Trinity CofE High School
Trinity Church of England High School was opened in 1984 with the foundation motto of “Faith in the City, Value in People, Excellence in Education”. Today, over thirty years on, Trinity is an outstanding place of learning, promoting the education of students in a community which is positively Christian but welcomes the children of parents of other faiths. Trinity’s most recent full Ofsted Inspection took place in January 2014, and we were judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and ‘Outstanding for overall effectiveness’. Trinity benefited from a £21.5 million Wave 4 BSF Buildings & ICT Investment, which comprised an 80% rebuild and 15% modernisation. The latest capital development, the £3 million brand new Trinity Sixth Form Centre, opened in September 2016, and will have a capacity of 240 students, eventually taking the school student population up to 1460. Located adjacent to Manchester University, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Museum, the Science Park and the Royal Northern College of Music, we are easily accessible from all parts of the city and are close to the many amenities of the city centre and excellent transport links. We make good use of our proximity to both universities, theatres, galleries, museum, the RNCM, the Aquatics Centre and Sports City. The School's overall aim is to provide a Christian environment in which young people are safe, secure, cared for and happy, and are able to develop into articulate, confident and well qualified citizens of the world.
- Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6HP
- Trinity CofE High School website (opens in a new window)