Teacher of Mathematics (NQT)
NQT TEACHER OF MATHS
THE BURGESS HILL ACADEMY
PERMANENT FULL-TIME CONTRACT
Exciting potential opportunities for NQTS at The Burgess Hill Academy from September 2019
We are looking for a Maths NQT to join us on our journey to becoming a great school for the community of Burgess Hill. The Burgess Hill Academy is part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust.
Our greatest asset is our students. They are fantastic and have the potential to achieve amazing things. We need staff who genuinely believe in the ability of all students to succeed and who want to develop their practice to be the best
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. It is a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria). The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs and is a 20 minute drive to the Sea.
Further information about this role and an application form can be downloaded from the Academy website www.theburgesshillacademy.org.uk. Alternatively, the information can be obtained by email from email@example.com.
We welcome visits to the Academy. If you wish to visit the Academy and/or have an informal chat before deciding whether to apply, please contact Jon Francies, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 8th March 2019
We look forward to hearing from you
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and the successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Essential educational requirements
· Educated to degree level
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Permitted to work in the UK
Essential skills and experience
Ethos, Skills and Knowledge
· Commitment to fully inclusive education
· Commitment to the pursuit of high standards – academic and behavioural
· Commitment to staff participation in decision making
· Commitment to quality provision for SEN students
· Commitment to equal opportunities
· The ability to work in a fast moving and constantly changing environment
· Effective teaching, student management and communication skills
Working with us you would have the benefit of:
- A settled and experienced Maths department with a track record of good results. 84% pass rate in Maths last academic year.
- An excellent NQT programme.
- Access to first class CPD within school, The Trust and the University.
About The Burgess Hill Academy
- Station Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9EA
- The Burgess Hill Academy website (opens in a new window)