Teacher of Mathematics
Teacher of Mathematics
Teachers’ Main Pay Scale
September 2020 or earlier if possible
Ormiston Victory Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Mathematics. The successful applicant will be an outstanding professional who takes pride in their work and is determined to develop the teaching of mathematics so that students of all abilities enjoy their learning and are motivated to succeed.
The department is passionate about ensuring our students understand the value of the subject; we regularly participate in national competitions and other events which celebrate the importance of mathematics.
Mathematics is a popular subject at A-level and group sizes continue to rise. Results at GCSE are consistently strong and the department continues to thrive. We believe all students can be successful, given the right support.
This position offers a fulfilling opportunity to be part of a successful, friendly and dedicated team committed to ensuring every student achieves their true potential.
The academy incorporates the successful and growing Lord Nelson Sixth Form College. We are delighted to be part of the Ignite Teaching School Alliance and we have strong links with the University of East Anglia. We are proud to be sponsored by Ormiston Academies Trust and the successful candidate would benefit from the opportunities which arise as a result of this.
This position would be suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or an experienced teacher. We offer an excellent induction package for all new staff, led by a member of the senior leadership team and supported by personal mentors.
We would welcome and encourage candidates to visit the academy by appointment.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• Has a real love for mathematics, with a special gift of communicating that passion.
• Is dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and able to inspire others.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range.
• Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the department.
• Has experience of teaching A’ level or would like to develop expertise in this area.
• Enjoys working as part of a team and demonstrates reflective practice through the high expectations they have of themselves and the students.
About Ormiston Victory Academy
Ormiston Victory was graded ‘outstanding’ in its 2013 inspection by Ofsted and we are committed to making this success sustainable for future generations.
- Middleton Crescent, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 0PX
- Ormiston Victory Academy website (opens in a new window)