|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
Secondary – Permanent – Full Time – MPS/UPR – Start: 3 September 2020
The responsibilities of the post are to be performed in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of teachers’ duties set out in that document.
Team Leader of Mathematics, the Headteacher and his nominated Assistant Headteacher linked to the subject.
Purpose of the Job:
To teach and help further develop the provision of Mathematics at Roundhay School. To vigorously support the school ethos of courtesy, cooperation and commitment to underpin all that we strive to achieve. To further raise the performance and expectation of both colleagues and pupils.
1. To contribute, as directed, to the teaching of Mathematics and play a full and active role in school life.
2. To contribute to departmental meetings, to help with implementing the annual action plan for the department.
3. To contribute as required to the preparation and working of internal exams in Mathematics.
4. To implement the school/departmental reward system and contribute to the celebration of achievement.
5. To use ICT and new technology in innovative ways to enhance learning in the classroom.
6. To ensure that all school policies are implemented.
7. To participate in Appraisals in line with our performance management policy.
8. To assist with the production of all departmental schemes of work.
9. To keep and maintain accurate pupil records relating to the teaching of Mathematics including active pupil target-setting procedures in line with department policies.
10. To help ensure that high quality displays are produced for Mathematics in and out of the classroom and are updated regularly.
11. To help consolidate links with feeder schools.
12. To ensure that furniture and fittings within the department are well kept and graffiti free.
13. To be a Form Tutor and mentor pupils as appropriate and be fully involved in all aspects of school life.
14. To teach other subjects if/when required by the Headteacher.
15. To attend all meetings, as appropriate, within the school time allocation, with colleagues.
16. To carry out all supervisory duties, as rostered, and any other duties commensurate with the post.
17. To work flexibly and positively across departments and job roles to ensure the very best provision for our students.
The job description and allocation of particular responsibilities may be amended through appropriate consultation from time to time.
‘This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an up to date DBS disclosure’
Essential educational requirements
- Degree in Maths or related subject
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Capability of teaching Maths across a range of abilities and ages
- Teaching KS3, KS4 and KS5
- An outstanding knowledge of secondary curriculum issues
- Excellent communication skills
Leadership & Management
- Be a member of an effective team
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent classroom management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Emotional resilience when working with challenging behaviours and appropriate attitude to the use of authority to maintain discipline
• ‘World Class School’ Quality Mark.
• Most oversubscribed school in the city and highest attendance.
• 100% staff recommend the school as a place to work.
• Over 100 students studying mathematics at A-level.
• 'An outstanding Sixth Form' Ofsted.
• The largest school sixth form in Leeds (500+).
• Red Kite Teaching School Alliance strategic partner.
• 'Behaviour for learning across the entire school is outstanding' Ofsted.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|Education phase||Primary, Secondary, 16-19|
|School size||2335 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Roundhay School website (opens in a new window)|
About Roundhay School
Gledhow Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS8 1ND