Suitable for NQTs
Main pay range 1 to 6
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher and creative leader to join our evolving team and be fundamental in shaping our all-through school. You will lead the strategic direction and development of an inspiring, cohesive, curriculum which will excite and prepare pupils for the next phase in their learning journey.
- Full time
- School visits for prospective applicants are welcomed please call the School on 0208 764 1825 or email email@example.com
- Deadline is 9am on Monday, 30 November 2020
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Why should you come and work with us?
- we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
- we have an amazing new building with specialist facilities, including a fantastic library, ICT rich learning spaces, a sports hall and huge playing field;
- you will be joining our team at an exciting stage of our journey as an all-through school;
- you will be supported by a highly experienced leadership team;
- our exciting, enriched curriculum is pupil-centered;
- we are committed to staff well-being alongside professional and career development;
- we are a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
- the uniqueness of our all-though provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration, leadership and management;
- our strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1074 pupils enrolled
3 to 18
About Woodmansterne School
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected. Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy.
Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other and a relentless focus on inspiring our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be. Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions .
Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. Our children aged 3 to 14 have been able to share experiences and develop a strong and united voice. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together.
As we move to the next stage of our development we intend to protect and the uniqueness of our cross phase community and all-through provision. Working closely with our families and the wider community is something we are passionate about, we have links with the local food bank, run a community fridge, host community events for local elderly residents and in the future will be sharing our wonderful new facilities with the local community.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training.
You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Prospective applicants are always welcome to come and visit, please contact the HR Manager, Androulla Oritis via The School Office to arrange a tour, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arranging a visit to Woodmansterne School
Please contact the school via email (email@example.com) or phone (02087641825) to arrange a school visit.