Teacher of Mathematics (September 2020)
The Stockwood Park Academy, Luton, Bedfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
The Stockwood Park Academy are making preparations for September 2020. We have a great opportunity for 2 self-motivated Teachers of Mathematics to join our wonderful Department. The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs.
Maths is often a subject perceived as challenging but studying abstract concepts like Algebra forces students to think in new ways, build new connections and understand problems in a way that they may not have seen before. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate teacher that will break down those learning barriers and make Maths understandable for all students. We welcome applications from NQTs who are embarking on starting their teaching career and from more experienced colleagues.
• Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
• Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development
The successful candidate will:
• Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering Maths
• Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
• Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
• Use data to inform target setting and planning.
Essential educational requirements
Teaching Qualification + QTS
Essential skills and experience
Experience tecahing Mathematics at secondary level
Experience planning lessons and sequences of lessons
Experience assessing students' attainment and progress
MPS 1 - 6
|School size||1276 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Stockwood Park Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Stockwood Park Academy
Rotheram Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP