Teacher of Mathematics
Our Mathematics Faculty is large and dynamic with a real commitment to team work. The team has made a significant contribution to our school’s journey to be ‘beyond outstanding’. We are looking for an enthusiastic new team member.
We can offer you:
• a successful and forward looking school with stunning and unrivalled facilities;
• a professional, dedicated and supportive Faculty;
• a supportive staff and Senior Leadership Team;
• a school renowned for outstanding professional development opportunities;
• a school community committed to corporate excellence.
We are looking for a teacher with the ability to raise standards and levels of achievement at KS3/4 in Maths. We will appoint someone who is enthusiastic and keen to get involved in the life of our school and improve outcomes for our students.
• an outstanding teacher, or a teacher with outstanding potential;
• passionate about developing teaching and learning styles;
• able to enthuse students and get very good results;
• a team player committed to excellence for all students.
Essential educational requirements
• A Level Maths (desirable)
• Maths Related degree (desirable
Essential skills and experience
• Knowledge of the national curriculum in mathematics, and G.C.S.E courses
• Planning and teaching well-structured mathematics lessons (KS3 / KS4)
• Raising standards of attainment and achievement
• Setting high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students
• Promoting good progress and outcomes
• Making accurate and productive use of assessment
• Having a keen interest in your own development in Learning and Teaching
• Working positively with support staff and other colleagues
• Communicating successfully with colleagues and parents / carers
• Competently using ICT to support teaching and wider professional activities
• Managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment • Successfully promoting extra-curricular programmes
If you are an NQT, a tailored professional development programme will be in place to support your first two years of teaching. All teachers have access to 'The Radclyffe School :Growing Excellence' scheme, giving staff who want to focus on learning and teaching access to graduated enhanced payments scheme for buddying and mentoring less experienced colleagues
About The Radclyffe School
The Radclyffe School is a popular 11-16 maintained Foundation (Co-operative) Trust school in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham. The Governing Body has direct responsibility for the employment of staff, its finances, the running of the school and the outcomes it achieves. It is a larger than average secondary school with 1500 mixed gender students on roll. The school is full in every year group. Over 70% of students are from ethnic minority backgrounds, most of whom are of Pakistani or Bangladeshi heritage. Some 30% of students qualify for free school meals or a clothing grant to help with the purchase of school uniform. We are proud that in an Ofsted inspection in November 2015, we were judged to be an Outstanding School, Outstanding in every category.
- Hunt Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 0LS
- LA Maintained School
- The Radclyffe School website (opens in a new window)