Teacher of Mathematics
This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - teaching hours
What skills and experience we're looking for
The following subject job description is in addition to any statutory requirements and responsibilities of a Main Scale Teacher:
• Promote the highest standards of teaching Mathematics within the framework of the school and share ideas to promote the best practice within the Department.
• Ensure high standards of discipline and organisation within a school environment.
• Demonstrate high standards of ICT competence in teaching and learning, and develop these as technologies change.
• Ensure the smooth running of internal and external controlled assessments
• Ensure that Departmental records and information are regularly updated, and keep informative records of students’ progress.
• In partnership with other members of the Department, assist with information and Consultation Evenings for parents and carers.
• Keep the marking of students’ work up to date and maintain a record of students’ marks.
• Attend relevant meetings
• Deal effectively with behaviour, attendance and punctuality issues
• Ensure the safeguarding of students, and support their wellbeing at all times, utilising the pastoral system effectively
What the school offers its staff
In addition to exclusive access to a reward and discount scheme, comprehensive induction, commitment to your ongoing training and career progression, paid for enhanced DBS, we also offer:
A competitive salary
Access to the Trust’s Employee Assistance Programme, which includes 24 hour access for you and your family members to legal, financial, health, parenting and life advice
1:1 Counselling Service
Cycle to Work Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme or Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
Access to freshly made hot meals or deli-style food on site
Teachers Pensions (23.68% employer contributions)
Local Government Pension Scheme (17.9% employer contributions)
Generous Sickness Payment Scheme
Eye Testing Scheme
Flexible Working Policy
Special Leave Policy
Member of the Valued Worker Scheme (accredited by our recognised unions)
A Disability Confident Committed Employer
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Collaborative working culture and professional development opportunities across our Trust schools
Further details about the role
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join our fully committed, mutually supportive and forward-looking department in our 11-18 school.
We would be open to someone at the start of their teaching career, who is dynamic, eager, and willing to share up to date pedagogies, or equally someone with more years’ teaching practice, who would be able to bring a wealth of experience and expertise into the department.
The position includes the role of form tutor, where the tutor is expected to deliver a core tutorial programme to their form. They will also be integrated into our house system – where the seven houses help to create a support network and opportunity for rewards and active participation in a range of activities for the students.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Thomas Adams School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1221 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Thomas Adams School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01939 237000
11-18 school part of the 318 Education Trust
Arranging a visit to The Thomas Adams School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Maths (With TLR 2 for suitably qualified candidate)
William Brookes School
Farley Road, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, TF13 6NB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Shrewsbury and Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin