Teacher of Mathematics
We are looking to appoint, with effect from 1st September 2020, a talented professional who would complement our existing strong Mathematics Team.
Our school is a great place to work. We have high expectations of our staff but they are strongly supported; we place a large emphasis on CPD and also staff wellbeing. Our learning environment has been transformed over recent years and we are currently undertaking a significant building and improvements programme to reflect an increase in student population to 1,350 by 2023. We are an expanding school with a track record of sustainable school improvement.
If you have the commitment and desire to raise standards in a fully inclusive school, we want to hear from you.
Please see the school website for job description (application pack) - www.westhoughton-high.org
Essential educational requirements
A relevant degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
We expect to appoint someone who has:
• A record as a successful classroom practitioner
• The ability to raise student achievement for all
• A firm commitment to supporting and developing every child
• Someone who is motivated, supportive and can invest in our shared, whole school values and future aspirations
• A commitment to team work with excellent interpersonal skills
Please see the school website for person specification (application pack) - www.westhoughton-high.org
In return we offer:
• A school with a clear ambition to serve our community
• A team that has a clear sense of purpose, corporate vision and a clear desire to move the school forward
• A committed, supportive and enthusiastic staff
• A commitment to professional development opportunities for all staff
• Enthusiastic and supportive students who expect and deserve the best from us all
About Westhoughton High School
Westhoughton High School is an 11-16, mixed community comprehensive school situated close to the centre of the growing town of Westhoughton within Bolton Council’s boundaries. We are proud to be the only secondary school in the town, serving our community by providing exciting educational opportunities and preparing the next generation for their various futures. The student population is largely made up of young people from Westhoughton itself, but students also attend from the neighbouring communities of Blackrod, Bolton, Atherton and Hindley.
- Bolton Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL5 3BZ
- LA Maintained School
- Westhoughton High School website (opens in a new window)