Teacher of Mathematics (with TLR)
This job expired on 19 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
19 April 2023 at 11:59pm
29 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, permanent position
- MPS (+ TLR for the right candidate)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A well-qualified teacher in Maths, with a strong teaching record, though ambitious NQTs are welcome to apply
- Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the appointment
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of the place of Maths in the development of young people and of the place of Numeracy within the wider curriculum
- An interest in the latest developments in Maths teaching and research
- Excellent relationships with students and parents
- A willingness to explore innovative and dynamic methods for teaching and learning
- An invested interest in maths related subjects
- High levels of enthusiasm, ambition, energy, resilience and determination
- Competent in the use of ICT both as an administrative tool and in teaching, learning and assessment practices
What the school offers its staff
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance
- Membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Further details about the role
- Ensure that teaching, learning and assessment meets the needs of learners, impacting positively upon student attainment and achievement.
- Set and maintain high standards, expectations and aspirations for both staff and students, ensuring that all are treated with dignity and respect and that students receive appropriate guidance, support and recognition.
- Ensure the effective preparation, planning and delivery of Maths department’s learning programmes, utilising flexible approaches to learning including the application of online learning.
- Ensure that appropriate, challenging attainment targets are set and used with all students and monitor their performance in terms of attainment, achievement (both quantifiable value added measures and broader qualitative achievements) and progress in respect of the outcomes from learning programmes and activities.
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of Assessment of Learning and Assessment for Learning, ensuring that the marking, assessment, recording and reporting processes are both effective and compliant with Academy policies.
- Operate as a teacher and as a Personal Tutor.
About Landau Forte Academy, Amington
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 951 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Landau Forte Academy, Amington
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The de Ferrers Academy
St Mary's Drive, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0LL
Pool Hayes Academy
Castle Drive, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV12 4QZ
Finham Park 2
Torrington Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV4 9WT
Meadow Park School
Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Staffordshire and Stoke